Some Subaru BRZ info

Awesome. Best enthusiast-geared info I've seen yet. Too bad they couldn't weigh it, but it's nice to know there's proper helmet room in a car that short, and that a cat-back will chop 50 lbs.I hope someone local buys one and races it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/05/2013-subaru-brz-priced-from-25-495-w-poll

The starting price of $25,495 does include a destination charge of $750* and will get you the BRZ Premium with a six-speed manual transmission. Choosing a six-speed automatic will add $1,100 for a new total of $26,595. That price of admission does, however, include a touchscreen navigation system, Bluetooth connectivity and HID headlamps.Those who require more pampering can step up to the BRZ Limited with a base price of $27,495 for the manual-equipped model. Adding the automatic again bumps the price by $1,100 to $28,595. Limited models also get heated seats with Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters, heated mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, keyless entry/start and a body-color rear spoiler. The last and most expensive configuration comes when opting for seats fully covered in leather, which raises the starting price to $27,495 for the manual model and $28,595 for the automatic.Even fully loaded, the 2013 Subaru BRZ appears to come in safely under $30,000. Based on our experience driving the car, that's a reasonable price to pay for such a high level of rear-wheel-drive handling.

Hmmm, $25,495? Using the current exchange rate of 0.9964 CAD per USD, that should equal around $36,400 here.I'd love to try one, but I'm to cheap to get one new. They are also now hinting at a BRZ STi version that should have around 250HP. That would be a better amount, assuming they don't add any weight.

Hmmm' date=' $25,495? Using the current exchange rate of 0.9964 CAD per USD, that should equal around $36,400 here.I'd love to try one, but I'm to cheap to get one new. They are also now hinting at a BRZ STi version that should have around 250HP. That would be a better amount, assuming they don't add any weight.[/quote']The Canadian pricing for the Scion has been announced and it's surprisingly good.http://www.scion.ca/scion/en#I can't imagine that Subaru would think they can charge a 10k premium for the same car but if they do I guess Canadians will just buy the Scion.Other things I have heard/read:-The Subaru is a bit understeery (so that it doesn't shock all the people coming from WRX's?)-The Scion is more neutral.-The Scion apparently has more aggressive damping, whereas the Subaru has stiffer springs.-The Scion will have available camber bolts: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4756

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely going for the scion over the BRZ, and not just for the price difference either. The neutral handling and suspension setup appeals to me more. Scion might not come out with its own "STi" version but it would be cheaper to make it go faster yourself anyway. I am not sure if I can afford to get one this year but I will definitely get one next year!

• 1 month later...

Sooooo a turbocharged AWD car with piles more torque than its N/A RWD competitor won? Those results shouldn't surprise anyone.

Did you read the whole thing?Posted Image

Are we seriously about to say that a front-drive hot hatch is more fun than a car most people have described as something akin to the saviour of the performance car?

Yeah I wasn't terribly shocked about that either. I was referring to the fact that they liked the Renault the best. It also destroyed the BRZ on the track, although I'm pretty sure that with equal tires the results would be a lot closer.

All I see with this car is a low priced' date=' stylish, rear wheel drive coupe with tons of tuning potential and I applaud Subaru/Toyota for bringing it to market. I hope this is the beginning of the end for stupid FWD cars.[/quote']x2.123456789

Fastrack just came out. FR-S and BRZ are in CS. They moved out the Solstice Z0K and the Miata MS-R to make room. Interesting decision.FS just got interesting too. E46 M3, E9x M3, C63 AMG, and Lexus IS-F are all in with the pony cars now!

Archived