Pre registration for ice event #1 Jan 7/8 2012

Al Marcoux

To all Ice Racers, Ice Rally Xers and Hot Lappers.I'm starting a pre registration thread for a head count .DLB registration is not ready yet soon though .Please add your name to this thread with what day and what event you want to participate in .Saturday events are:1)RallyX $10 plus $10 daily member total $20 every event.2)Hotlaps ,Test N Tune, Qualifying $50/event ,plus ($50 full member once a year). Memberships avail online now (recommended) ,forms will be avail at track also see Al .Sunday events are racing only Rubber to ice(X) or Studded(SS) $125 .Fun laps after events only .I'd like to see this. Al. Sat Hot laps/qualifying $50. (This is my pre reg for both days.)Al. Sun Racing SS $125. These are examples (Your name) Sat hotlaps $50. OR(Your name) Sat RallyX $20. OR (your name) Sun Ice Racing $125. OR(your name) Volunteer and what day(s) If only one day please come for sunday.(race day)If this doesn't compute here's my # 291-7006.Al

Now adding: Jordan Sharples #13 Sat Hot Laps/Qualifying SS $50John Sharples #44 Sat Hot Laps/Qualifying SS $50Bill Langner #28 Sat Hot Laps/Qualifying SS $50Colin McKee #23 Sat Hot Laps/Qualifying SS $50Brett Sharples #6 Sat Hot Laps/Qualifying X $50 Looking forward to it!

Registration for the Jan 7th & 8th events are now available on DLB!All three events are there and ready for registration. The DLB site is www.dlbracing.com. If you don't see the events make sure to set the filter at the top of the page to show the events for the Winnipeg Sports Car Club for January 2012.You will need to create a user ID for the site if you haven't already. If you need information about how to create an ID Jordan has provided a very good set of instructions which can be found here. Those instructions can also be used to renew your membership for the year so you pay member rates for the events.There are a few things to be aware of:1. For all of the events it asks for your tire type (street or r-compound). Just pick either one as for these event types only your class matters.2. The Test Day is a members only event but the site is currently allowing non-members to register. To force this to be members only the non-member price is set to $100,000.00. If you really want to register for the event without buying your 2012 membership first, the club thanks you :D.3. Don't wait until the last minute to register. Registrations are listed as closing at 7PM the day before the event. However, that is 7PM EST. That is really 6 PM here.4. You have the choice of paying via PayPal or at the event. It is much easier for the event director and treasurer if you use PayPal.If you have questions about registration on DLB you can PM myself or contact the membership director.If you have questions about the actual events, contact Al.

Turns out the way we have DLB configured for the Jan 7th/8th events there isn't a way to register a 2nd driver for a car. We'll look into figuring out a way to do this for the later events. For this coming weekend if you have extra drivers please send an e-mail or PM to Al so that Timing and Scoring will know about the extra drivers.I'm sure Al and the Timing and Scoring crew would also appreciate if everyone that has already posted in this thread that they are coming would now signup on DLB. It would make dealing with registration on the weekend much easier for them.

The "new car" is the Sharples Motorsports suzuki (thanks Jordan) and i spent the last week giving it a bit of a face lift. Its still running probably only 65 horsepower but it sure looks fast now - LOLLooking forwardt to it!

The "new car" is the Sharples Motorsports suzuki (thanks Jordan) and i spent the last week giving it a bit of a face lift. Its still running probably only 65 horsepower but it sure looks fast now - LOL!

It's a good car and I can't wait to see what you did to it. That car has won at Mazenod, Ski Park and St Malo thanks to Dad and Scotty M. It was the old #11x and is a nice, light, straight Swift - let's hope it stays like that. :D

Guys (and Girls),Get on www.dlbracing.com and get registered if you haven't already. It is a TON easier for the volunteers when this is done ahead of time instead of the panic at the last minute. It's very easy to do, if you have any issues then PM me. We're missing quite a few from RTI as we only have 1 person and need a few more from SS. Just speaking with Al as he's off to a meeting tonight. Driver's meeting will be at 9:30 sharp on Sunday morning and don't be late! It's at the White Mega/MTS trailer and registration/waivers will be there also. Workers meeting will be at 9:15am. Please register ahead of time to save the volunteers the last minute work. Thanks.

Archived