RallyCross Details

Guest MGV

We are definitely having a RallyCross on the 13th This will be the first event of the 2011-2012 Manitoba Rally Championship, with TSDs and Ice events yet to come.The location: On Hwy 1, go 14 km east of the Perimeter, turn right onto the gravel road, past the tracks (watch for speeding heavy freight trains) and it is the first and only house you will see. It is just a few hundred meters from the rail crossing. Extra hint: After you pass the perimeter highway, you will see the "halfway across Canada" sign, and you will pass Hwy 206 south. The exit you seek is the very next road to your right. It has a red stop sign at the tracks; no automatic crossing arms here, so watch out!Every road-going vehicle type is invited, except convertibles of course. So! Ready? Bring your helmet (M95 or SA95 or newer) and lets have some fun! See you then!The cost will be free for WSCC club members who bring their membership card. No exceptions! For all others, a WSCC daily membership will be $10 extra. Bring your vehicle ownership, and your driver's licence. We will be holding practice in the morning. We hope to begin timed runs before noon. If you miss the course walk, there will be a guided slow lap for you to see the course. We will run rain or shine. There is loose gravel between hwy 1 and the course. The course is a combination of flattened dry grass and bare clay. It was pretty grippy when we walked it with Jason.

It is $15 for WSCC club members who bring their membership card. For others' date=' a WSCC daily membership will be $5 extra.[/quote']Perhaps the Membership Director could confirm the daily membership fee, but as far as I know, daily membership fee has been set at $10.00. Has there been an exeption made to Rally cross events?

Peter,I checked and you are right.The cost will be $10 for WSCC club members who show their membership card during registration. For all other competitors, a WSCC daily membership will be $10 extra, for a total of $20.For all attendees not competing, who do not have a member card to show, the cost will be $10 for a daily membership. Everyone also must sign a waiver. See you then!Vicki

This seems in really bad taste. Why would we charge for spectators now?

There is a valid explanation to your query. For those who would like that question answered' date=' I would suggest sending a question to our Membership Director at [email']membership@wscc.mb.ca. I hope you can accommodate, Art?BTW, Corey is absolutely correct about high insurance cost to have spectators at our race events.Cheers.

membership fees

Why would we charge for spectators?

We won't be charging spectators! We will be selling daily memberships. Therefore all adult attendees will be members at a members only event.Check the WSCC Constitution (ARTICLE TWO (6) A) & (3) E)http://wscc.mb.ca/uploads/WSCC_Constitution_%28Current%29.pdfand on the membership forms.http://wscc.mb.ca/uploads/WSCC_Membership_Form_%28Current%29.pdfThis is a members event, if you are not a member you will need to buy a daily membership.

Years ago we found that our insurance rates would go through the roof if we charged for spectators.

There will be no spectators they will all be members of the club.Insurance says this is a member-only event. The WSCC Constitution defines what we have to charge for Adult Daily Memberships.

Ok we have a date and some directions, but what time do we need to be there? Sorry maybe this was posted on another thread but I don't see a time list here. I see the part about morning practice and want to begin by noon, just curious as to what time every one else will be showing up.

We are planning to put another one of these together in a few weeks, since it worked out well. Good times were had by all! What a lot of fun! If you didn't come out to this one, maybe next time. Tentatively Nov. 27th or Dec 4th. Watch Forum postings for more details. :-) CHEERS

Is Jason looking for any help schmoozing out the track? (Can that Lada pull any kind of a "rake"?)

It's all being taken care of. It's all good!

Archived