Calling all Rookies

Beau

Spurred by a suggestion on another thread, I felt this topic was deserving of its own thread. Let's compile a list of all 2011 rookies. This is not restricted to self declarations only - if you know of someone who is competing but doesn't post on the forums often, please submit their name. MASTER LISTBeau, white Subaru WRX STi, #26Chris T, yellow Subaru WRX, #89Emily B, red Honda S2000, #190Michelle P, white VW Jetta, #107 Marilyn K, red VW golfKevin C, blue Hyundai Genesis 3.8Derrick P, white Nissan Skyline GT-R33, #6Abraham D, black Honda CivicBrendon R, gold Mazda MX6, #75Nico B, black RSX-S, #46

It should be noted that in order to qualify for a rookie I think the rule is that you have done less than 3 autox events prior to your rookie year (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).Remember too that to be in the running for Rookie of the Year you need to complete a certain number of events (7 or 9 I think). It's worth looking into :D

It should be noted that in order to qualify for a rookie I think the rule is that you have done less than 3 autox events prior to your rookie year (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).Remember too that to be in the running for Rookie of the Year you need to complete a certain number of events (7 or 9 I think). It's worth looking into :D

Correct. From the Supplemental Regulations: "A 'Rookie' is defined as a competitor that has completed three or fewer autocross events prior to the start of the 2010 [sic] season." I assume that's a typo that probably should say "prior to the start of the 2011 season."

Beau didn't you compete last year?

I went to three events last year.

newb here!! :D

Need more info!

I have also missed out on competing for rookie of the year. first year ended prematurely when my engine died. guess it doesn't really matter much any way cus this year I will be driving 3, possibly 4 cars in at least 2 diff classes. hard to go for a trophy doing that :P

You always are. And in the first year it IS good to give it attention. I'm talking about the ppl griping about having run in a few events last year. Hehe. Just go faster you guys!! Or buy an S2k. ;)

rookie' date=' did 2 events so far black m3[/quote']Need more info. There is no way of cross referencing your forum screen name to your real name or car number.Please provide:NameCarCar Number (if you have one)

To all the rookies who don't have an assigned number yet, first you need a WSCC membership, which is also necessary to compete in the Rookie class. Then you can reserve a number in this thread.If you are just a rookie who does not have a WSCC membership, you will be running in RAW all year. This is fine for casual racers who only want to try the sport a couple of times and don't want to compete. It also means your time won't be PAX adjusted, you won't earn any points for the standings, you won't have a dedicated number, and it will cost you more money in the long run (if you race more than 4 times this year, your membership would be basically paid for due to the membership discount at each event).

• 1 month later...

Archived