Project E-Mod MGB-GT

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While priming the inside, I discovered to my horror that primer will not cover marks made by Sharpie, and I used a Sharpie a lot. Check out the first pic which is after several coats of primer over a Sharpie. I have the inside and outside all primed and ready for sealer.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

did you use alcohol or acetone to wipe off the sharpie marks before prep and painting? Its a pain as it bleeds through further and further.

I tried two different thinners from bodyshop supply, neither made a dent in the Sharpie. finally had to wire brush them off.

I tried two different thinners from bodyshop supply' date=' neither made a dent in the Sharpie. finally had to wire brush them off.[/quote']I can't say for metal, but in healthcare alcohol based hand sanitizer will take permanent marker off just about anything.

Briget has been building a perfect fiberglass replica of an MGB front bumper and today it got put on the car for the first time. I built lightweight mounts out of aluminum and they are suprisingly sturdy. It's a shame the bumper ends will have to be trimmed for tire clearance.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I started painting the car at midnight, once the karts stopped racing and it took until 2:30 am to get it painted inside and out. The rubber dust in the air did a number of the finish but it is what it is and I didn't have the time or money to get the car painted anywhere else. Here's a time lapse video:

are you putting fender flares on the car? kinda looks incomplete with the wheels sticking out so far.

They weren't in the budget and the car looks cool with the tires sticking out. There may be fiberglass fenders in the future but not for this year.

I ran out of aluminum and steel I needed today but still got a bunch of stuff done, like the drivers side wheelwell out of aluminum:Posted ImageAnd heat reflective material on the footwells:Posted ImageCovered the holes in the frame with thin aluminum:Posted ImageMade headlight covers out of aluminum:Posted Image

hmmyou've opted to not take advantage of two free air intake speed holes (the headlights). are you sure you don't want to make a couple (black?) pantyhose filters and stick them on their instead of aluminum plates?just sayin. :)

hmmyou've opted to not take advantage of two free air intake speed holes (the headlights). are you sure you don't want to make a couple (black?) pantyhose filters and stick them on their instead of aluminum plates?just sayin. :)

No, no, I have not forgotten about the cool air but that is on hold until I have the money to get two bellmouths and air filter boxes that will hook up to my carbs.

Made panels to cover the holes in the interior, without them smoke from the rear tires would make it's way into the car, and they look better:Posted ImageFinished the passenger side wheelwellPosted ImageThe great lump is back in the car, except now it has solid motor mounts and is clean,courtesy of Briget who spent a long time with degreaser and toothbrushes getting 27 years of grime off:Posted ImageAnd apparently somebody named Dave or Dane assembled my engine all those years ago:Posted Image

Archived