Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

datsuntech

2010 Sunset Country Car Rally?

917guy    0

Sunset?There will be no Kenora rally early in 2010. Routes and all other details have to be in place at least 4-6 months before an event such as this. A year is not an unreasonable lead time for a first event. When I see the 2009 Rally Report and the Kenora information package from the 2009 Rally Director, I will know more.Datsuntech: 510s are great. I still have my 8th one, a 1969 2-door.

datsuntech    10
There will be no Kenora rally early in 2010. Routes and all other details have to be in place at least 4-6 months before an event such as this. A year is not an unreasonable lead time for a first event. When I see the 2009 Rally Report and the Kenora information package from the 2009 Rally Director' date=' I will know more.Datsuntech: 510s are great. I still have my 8th one, a 1969 2-door.[/quote']Good to know, I'll have to be content to go to Minnesota for my rally fix...for now.Do you drive your 510? I'm running a little low on them I'm down to 4. :DBrock

917guy    0

too many nice cars...It was my daily driver for a while, but it is now in storage, sadly. When I lived in Ontario, I had a row of them. One was the 247th one made in August 1967. I sold it to my penniless sister, to drive to Vancouver. She sold it, got a geology degree, and married a gold mine developer. They each drive nicer cars than I do, now.I liked your front drive cliche. Remember, if God had intended us to drive automatics, he would not have given each of us a clutch foot.Are you going to be joining us for fun-in-the-snow tomorrow? TSD meeting at 1 pm at Waverley Mitsubishi. I'll be there in my REAR DRIVE 944. Galvanized and rubber coated, so it will stand up to winter corrosion better than a 510.David

datsuntech    10

Oooh, I'm going to steal that clutch foot one. :^) Sadly, I can't make it tomorrow, but powerslide a corner for me. I won't be doing much powersliding myself till spring, as I (shh, don't tell anyone) have a FWD for the winter. First time in many years I have driven FWD, a bit of a learning curve in the slippery stuff...very counterintuitive. Have fun in the slush.Brock

917guy    0

slushy funThere was a lot of fresh snow,and some slush. We were only on busy roads for about 4 km, so it was mostly twisty back roads. It was fun. I pre-ran the route in our Suzuki (2 decade old Geo actually) and in the 944. Both with newish snows. The fwd is quicker, but less stable stopping in curves in fresh snow.... all great fun. I think our turnout (more than 20 people) may have been helped (not hurt) by the snowy weather. Everyone seemed excited to be out on fresh snow. Of course some were in their awd Japanese sports cars..Not many of us with rear wheel drive winter cars. (If you don't count guys with old pickups.) The Geo is my first wrong wheel drive car, but it does a better job at deep wet snow. Nice that it weighs less than a ton. I still use my Pony in winter. When the surface is bad enough, its 100 hp is enough for fun. Almost 25 years old now. When I found 7 or 8 year old 510s, they were other people's castoffs. It surprises me that my ponies both have perfect floors, and near perfect bodies, after so many years.

datsuntech    10

Sounds like it was fun, wish I could have been there.The Datsuns will never see snow, but I do have this old ice racer. :^)I usually drive 2wd Nissan pickups in the winter. They are not the best in the snow, but with some weight in the back and decent snow tires....I can't remember the last time I saw a pony on the street. There used to be one around St. James with a 351 in it, but that was probably 15+ years ago.Brock