Ottawa to Winnipeg

335i's look really, really good in white-congrats. Your trouble with the dealership was more than likely the dealership in Ottawa's fault. BMW/MINI Dealerships have an unwritten agreement that they will sell a car they have in stock to another dealership for little or no mark up. The problem is sometimes when that particular car is highly desireable, the selling dealership doesn't want to give it up for a few dollars profit when they can sell it to a customer for a lot of dollars profit. They will usually claim they have someone looking at it so they can't release it to the other dealer. Similar thing happened to us with a dealership in Ontario-a search of the MINI inventory showed they had the car we wanted but when Birchwood called, they claimed to have sold it. A call from us pretending to be someone interested in a JCW MINI revealed that they did have the car for sale.

Lovin the new whip so far. I need to stop driving it long enough to take some pics! The main reason I didn't go for the AWD option was that you can't get sport suspension with x-drive, not to mention the extra weight and cost. It will be interesting to see what the car can do with a set of r-compounds. I'll have to give it a run in F-Stock form before the inevitable modding begins. :)

I'll have to give it a run in F-Stock form before the inevitable modding begins. :)

I bought the big Hotchkiss front bar already in a GB that I don't plan to use ... I think it'll work for you. Interested?

Art, you can justify the JB3 by realizing that during cruising, many performance tunes actually cause better fuel consumption. With the revo I was averaging ~2 extra mpg when being nice, and I had tons of extra power for when I wanted it.Id do it with the intake kit, especially if you don't intend on autoxing it. Would be a blast in solosprint for an occasional change from hugger.....

Made it back home safe and sound this evening. What a fantastic drive! Spectacular roads and great car make for a fun 20 hours. :) I ended up taking Scott's route' date=' since I figured he's the resident Ottawa to Winnipeg expert. Ottawa-Sudbury-Sault Ste Marie-Newberry-Marquette-Duluth-Bemidji-Grand Forks-Wpg. Some great scenic and twisty sections along the bottom of Lake Superior. Lots of two lane driving, but there were passing lanes quite frequently so I never really got stuck behind anyone.[/quote']That is great news you arrived home safe and sound with the new addition!! That route truly is a beautiful drive and they seem to be adding new passing lanes each year. :) I loved driving on the bridge over Lake Superior between Superior, WI and Duluth, MI. My wife and dog, not so much. Something about 70+ mph and altitude above water bothered them.Does this mean I can borrow(rip off) your avatar now :)

Archived