Design a course or element

conebasher

I know you guys have ideas for courses or elements, so here is a blank map of St.Andrews. 1.The long black lines are damaged asphalt2. the squares of the graph paper it is drawn on represent a 20'x20' square3. Going from one side to the other like in a sweeper needs to be done in 180' or less or speeds will be too high. 200' is fine if you have something slow just before, but if you went from one side to the other several times with a 200' spacing, speeds would exceed 110 km/h.4.You need 200' straight after the finish lights.

I recall there were three raised ridges/dips that spanned the width. Do you know where they are located? I want to try to cross them at an angle while going straight to reduce the shock to the car.Are there 20x20' concrete blocks on the site that you can use to aid laying out cones? Or did you just measure from the edges and from the last element?

I don't have the ridges on the blank map yet but was going to come on Saturday and get their exact location. The only "shock" to the car was when braking over the ridge at the pivot cone in the north end, were you experiencing a problem somewhere else? We will be painting permanant lines on the edge of the runway marking every 100'-which will make set up easier. The 20x20 squares I refer to is the grid size, although it's not exactly 20'x20 but more like 18.75' x 18.75'. We measured from the edges and last element for some cones but sometimes the scale wouldn't be quite right and tweaks were made. I think with practice, the courses will get closer to what the map shows.

Ok, cool. I'm just experimenting with Saturday's school course design. I finally come up with a great school course for RRX and we move! LOL!I'll look at my data, it'll have healthy spikes in lateral G over the middle ridge and longitudinal G over the ones at either end. I could just see when we bounce in the seats in my videos but that's not very accurate! ;)So there's actually an 18.75' grid of cement joints that's visible? That will greatly simplify things. Also a darn good call on the permanent 100' tick marks.

Ok' date=' cool. I'm just experimenting with Saturday's school course design. I finally come up with a great school course for RRX and we move! LOL![/quote']Funny, because I'm just getting a handle on St.Andrews and we're going back to RRX in a few events.
I'll look at my data' date=' it'll have healthy spikes in lateral G over the middle ridge and longitudinal G over the ones at either end. I could just see when we bounce in the seats in my videos but that's not very accurate! ;)[/quote']Wierd because we felt nothing and neither did Art or Phil-maybe you guys are too stiff? (come on Kosta, you know you have a joke for that one) We have vertical G data, too so I'll try to go look at it.
So there's actually an 18.75' grid of cement joints that's visible? That will greatly simplify things. Also a darn good call on the permanent 100' tick marks.
No, each square on the graph paper of the blank course map represents an 18.75" x 18.75' square. The runway is 75' across and on the blank map there is 4 squares across, thus each square is 18.75'.

Ahh, I see. I was hoping there was a grid right in the concrete!Jeff's car on streets felt very similar over the bumps. Ask Art about his ride in the S2000, that was with the shocks set at full soft. You can see the car shake in my videos.

Archived