Sign in to follow this  
SoloSnapshots

Classing help (old)

Hmmm' date=' is there even anyone else competing in this class locally? This is what I get for building my car for me, and not for autoX eh Joe, lol.[/quote']Forgot about it earlier but your side skirts would have also take you out of SP. They're allowed in Street Touring but not in Street Prepared.
14. STREET TOURING CATEGORY14.2. BODYWORKF. Addition of spoilers, splitters, body kits, rear wings and nonfunctional scoops/vents is allowed. The intent of this allowance is to accommodate commonly available appearance kits, and replicas thereof, which have no significant aerodynamic function at Solo speeds. Body kits are limited to bumper covers, valances, side skirts, and fender flares. Standard parts may not be removed except for the substitution of spoilers, rear wings, bumper covers and valances. Rear wings must attach only aft of the rear wheel centerline.
15. STREET PREPARED CATEGORY15.2 BODYWORKI. Spoilers/splitters and cosmetic trim pieces are permitted. Side skirts may not be used. Spoilers/splitters must comply with the following subsections. The intent of this allowance is to accommodate commonly available appearance kits, and replicas thereof, which have no significant aerodynamic function at Solo speeds.

Forgot about it earlier but your side skirts would have also take you out of SP. They're allowed in Street Touring but not in Street Prepared.

Wow, there is a LOT of rules in this sport, lol. Thanks for the help Steve.

Hey Steve, Could you confirm that my car would be SM? A quick perusal of the new ruleset leads me to believe that that is where my car would be....and since it's been awhile...92 Civic Si with suspension and boost.Thanks.

Nick, does that mean we'll be seeing you next weekend? :)

Nick' date=' does that mean we'll be seeing you next weekend? :)[/quote']Well, when I got home yesterday I jacked the car up, put in the racing suspension, cleaned and gapped the plugs, changed the oil and dug the R's out of the basement. So, yeah, I'm hoping to be there : ) I'm anxious to try it again and I didn't even see anybody racing, yesterday....and thanks, Steve.

Hey Steve I'm considering a car change right now...to a 2007 Cobalt SS, Non Supercharged. What class? F Stock? Where is the online documents that show classing rules, I figure you must know since you practically have all of them memorized, lol

can some one tell me what class stock impreza would be?

Impreza WRX STi is A-StockImpreza WRX is D-StockImpreza with a non-turbo 2.5L is G-StockImpreza (other) is H-Stock

In hopes of actually running my car on Sunday I want to know what class I am in. I think I will be ESP. 2004 Audi S4, H-Sport front and rear anti-sway bars, everything else is stock. Shawn

In hopes of actually running my car on Sunday I want to know what class I am in. I think I will be ESP. 2004 Audi S4' date=' H-Sport front and rear anti-sway bars, everything else is stock. Shawn[/quote']I believe if you put your stock rear bar back on then you can run in Stock.

I believe if you put your stock rear bar back on then you can run in Stock.

With a stock rear bar if everything else is stock legal you'd be in DS.

With a stock rear bar if everything else is stock legal you'd be in DS.

FS not DS. 2004 Audi S4 with 4.2L V8. Going back to stock and competeing in stock class would eliminate any excuses I'd have for doing poorly. Running in ESP by virtue of just having a rear sway bar in gives me at least some wiggle room for excuses. ;) Shawn

Do EMU's affect what class you're in? I have a 97 Prelude SH (electric diff with yaw control) and was planning on getting Greddy Emanage Ultimate to tune the motor a little better. Motor is stock other than a short ram intake.

Do EMU's affect what class you're in? I have a 97 Prelude SH (electric diff with yaw control) and was planning on getting Greddy Emanage Ultimate to tune the motor a little better. Motor is stock other than a short ram intake.

Don't even bother trying to "tune" a stock motor. Waste of time.Honda pretty much have the fuel/timing/VTEC engagement spot-on right out of the box, hence their sky high HP/L ratios.Unless you're cranking up the compression, or throwing some lumpy cams in there, save your money.

Don't even bother trying to "tune" a stock motor. Waste of time.Honda pretty much have the fuel/timing/VTEC engagement spot-on right out of the box' date=' hence their sky high HP/L ratios.Unless you're cranking up the compression, or throwing some lumpy cams in there, save your money.[/quote']Well the plan for the future is a mild NA build and I need to start off with an EMU so I figured why not see if we can squeeze some more power out of this motor. H22 motors tend to run really rich so I was thinking about getting it tuned to lean it out and adjust the timing to see if there is more power to gain. I fugured it's worth a shot as this motor has no low end at all. I really notice the lack of power in autox too. The corner exists in second gear is really slow to get back into the powerband. I don't really want to downshift to 1st as I don't practice that and don't want to cook the tranny :P Once I learn more and have extra parts on hand then I might consider it but until then I was hoping to tap some more juice from this thing. Basically I'm not just sticking the Emanage on and calling it a day. For now yes but the the future, no.

...this motor has no low end at all.... The corner exists in second gear is really slow to get back into the powerband.

You do realize that you're driving a torque-less Honda' date=' right? You will have jack for low-end power regardless of the useless 1 or 2 HP you [i']might be able to squeeze out with a new tune. But at the end of the day, you will still have pittance for torque unless you add a real power-adder to the motor (turbo/supercharger).And what makes you think that you NEED to start off with a new ECU for an admittedly mild N/A build? Save that money for parts that you can make proper use of.(I run an E-Manage, btw)

might be able to squeeze out with a new tune. But at the end of the day, you will still have pittance for torque unless you add a real power-adder to the motor (turbo/supercharger).And what makes you think that you NEED to start off with a new ECU for an admittedly mild N/A build? Save that money for parts that you can make proper use of.(I run an E-Manage, btw)

With the ultimate he can also adjust vtec points, and tune further then with the emanage blue. I can see there being the potential for 15-20hp in the tune, but you will be putting it at the ragged edge with no safety net should something fail as you will need to lean it out and advance timing to do so. Also is the price of the emu and the dyno time and install labour worth it in the end? Couldn't you just use hondata, uberdata, or krome?

I really notice the lack of power in autox too. The corner exits in second gear is really slow to get back into the powerband.
Try a Miata. Even in the powerband they're slow. :pYou'd be in DSP. Your car may feel faster but it probably won't show in your times at auto-x.
15. STREET PREPARED CATEGORY15.1 AUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONSD. Alternate computer control modules may be used whenever an equivalent change to the conventional system is allowed. For example' date=' alternate computer module control of ignition settings or fuel injection is allowed.15.9 ELECTRICAL SYSTEMVehicles may only exceed the allowances of 13.9 as specified herein. A. Any ignition setting, adjustment, or system may be used, subject to the requirements of 15.10.D. This does not prohibit the use of ‘two-step’ rev limiters used when the car is stationary.E. Wiring harnesses may not be removed in whole or in part. Wiring connectors for emissions control devices are considered part of the harness, not part of the emissions control system, and may not be removed.15.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIND. Traction and/or stability control systems, as defined in 12.11, must be standard parts at standard settings, or electronically disabled.[/quote']

Thanks for the info all :)For starters, yes I know my prelude has no torque lol. This is why I'm planning on doing what I want to do. This is just the beginning of a plan of mine. Any mods require a tune right? So why not get the EMU first right? I honestly don't think the 120/hr without wideband is worth it no. I was trying to get more info about what kind of numbers I might be able to tap from the motor but that answer I don't have right now. Still researching that. I have thought about supercharging it as well. I'm really in the process of still researching what would be best for me. As of now though, I want to learn more with autox as it's only my first season so far. It's really hard to comprehend the rule book though which is why I'm here :)The reason I want the Emanage Ultimate and only the Ultimate is because this is the only EMU out there that supports the ATTS system in my car. No other reason than that. I can't use Uberdata or any other tuning software that I know of because it doesn't support the ATTS.lol, I know the miata is slow but at least you can enter corners faster than my boat :PI'm not sure if I fully understood those rules you posted Gemini. Does that say with an EMU that I can't stay in STS class?If not then that's cool. I can just buy parts as I go and not install them until I am fully comfortable with my driving skills as that's what I'm more concerned with anyways.I just want to mod the car cause I love wasting money! :P

I'm not sure if I fully understood those rules you posted Gemini. Does that say with an EMU that I can't stay in STS class?

It would take you out of STS and put you in DSP. If your plan is for more power in the future you could start with a LSD instead. You could still stay in Street Touring with a LSD but you'd move up to STX.

It would take you out of STS and put you in DSP. If your plan is for more power in the future you could start with a LSD instead. You could still stay in Street Touring with a LSD but you'd move up to STX.

See that is where it gets complicated. I spoken with other prelude owners with the ATTS system and they autox in STX because the diff is like an LSD but it's electronic. It only works durning hard cornering.So either way, I don't want to be in a higher class just yet :)