Sign in to follow this  
SoloSnapshots

Classing help (old)

No, JDM cars fall under the excluded list for SM (16.C.1.b - Sample of excluded vehicles: JDM-Spec cars) JDM and Euro cars are explicitly excluded from the SCCA classing as they only class US based models. Therefore they fall into either D or E MOD classes. I believe those particular cars fall into DMOD. We've had a couple GT-Rs come out, they were DMOD.

Prepared classes boys. The only mod cars are little formula cars, or rotax cars....

oh ok i thought it was SM 2 because they were excluded from SM but SM2 said all coupes and sedans excluded in SM.

Prepared classes boys. The only mod cars are little formula cars' date=' or rotax cars....[/quote']Not according to the guys on SCCA Forums...

OK a little more research proves me wrong. I was pretty sure that prepared allowed non North American cars, but i was mistaken, sorry guys. I have seen JDM cars classed in Prepared, however that would be the local club following the one section in prepared that says the club can class full fendered cars in an appropriate class.So then small engines go to Dmod, and larger ones are Emod. Would be nice not to have to use the Mod classes if all possible, but might help us make those 3 even classes in the end.

Would be nice not to have to use the Mod classes if all possible' date=' but might help us make those 3 even classes in the end.[/quote']Doesn't help with that at all, whether they're in Prepared or Mod, they're still in the same classing group.

Oh right, we're lumping SP mod and prepared together. would it work better to split SP from the group? that's how i always mentally picture it, and SP is the old SS pretty much anyways and SS was always separate. anyways, i'm sure you have lots of other things to figure out.

I just want to check that i classed myself correctly.2000 Subaru Impreza RS with front strut tower bar, bigger rear sway bar, cold air intake and stiffer f/r sway bar links. Would this be STS?

2000 Subaru Impreza RS front strut tower bar - ST legal ***bigger rear sway bar - ST legalcold air intake - ST legalstiffer f/r sway bar links - Front is Stock legal and rear is ST legal *** the strut bar can only mount from upper left to upper right or lower left to lower right. If it ties into a third location you're out of ST.

I also need help with Classing My Car, I thought I'd keep it in one thread.2000 Ford Focus ZX3Mods:Lowering SpringsCross Drilled Front RotorsSS Brake LinesShort Ram Style IntakeEBC Ceramic Brake Pads (Greenstuff)Would these move me out of H-Stock? If so, into what category as google doesn't seem to be my friend on this one

2000 Ford Focus ZX3Mods:Lowering Springs - ST legalCross Drilled Front Rotors - ST legalSS Brake Lines - ST legal if DOT approvedShort Ram Style Intake - ST legalEBC Ceramic Brake Pads (Greenstuff) - Stock legalIf you remove all but the brake pads you're good to go in H-Stock. If your tires aren't wider than 225 and your wheels aren't wider than 7.5" then your in STS. Same goes for J. C.

Cool, my tires are 195s currently and 6.5" Rims. What other types of cars run in STS? I don't expect to be competitive this year, but I'm wondering if there would even be a faint hope if I happen to do well

2003 Subaru Impreza WRXMods:Perrin Light-Weight Crank PulleyPerrin Cat-Less Up-PipeGReddy Racing Turbo Ti-C Cat-Back ExhaustAm I STX?

If you still have at least one cat, your rims are a maximum of 8" wide and your tires are a maximum of 245mm wide then you'd be in STX.For anyone running Street Touring and has done exhaust modifications remember this rule

14. STREET TOURING CATEGORY14.10 ENGINEEngine and transmission must remain unmodified, including emissionsequipment, except as noted below. All emissions monitoring system hardware and software must be operationally functional as originally intended by the manufacturer. Tampering with emissions system software and/or hardware to create or cloak non-compliance is not permitted. Some examples of emissions system tampering are O2 foolers, disabling or deactivating Check Engine Light (CEL) code indication, backdating ECU internals from OBD2 to OBD1, etc.

Ok well with the cat-less up-pipe there is a resistor that is inserted in the harness that was connected to the egt sensor. I still have 2 cats left but eventually getting rid of them by next year and getting a cobb accessport to remove the CEL. So for now I'm STX but after I get my cat-less down-pipe and the other cat that connects the mid-pipe and down-pipe what class would I be in? Sorry I read the .pdf file but it's a little hard to understand.

You'd be in ESP.

15. STREET PREPARED CATEGORY15.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAINF. Emission control devices may be modified or removed. This permits the oil filler cap to be modified or substituted, but does not allow valve covers or cam covers to be altered to install a breather or for any other purpose.I. Exhaust manifolds and muffler systems are free, except that they must be quiet and terminate behind the driver. Exhaust heat shields may be removed. Rear- and mid-engine cars without exhaust headers/manifold systems may use any exhaust system that meets the requirements of 3.5. This permits the removal of “heater boxes” in order to install headers on such cars.

'99 Acura 1.6EL-H&R Sport springs, KYB AGX struts, Skunk2 LCA's, factory sized wheels with 205/50/15 street tires, KVR rotors, Hawk HPS pads, stainless brake lines all around, stock drums on back, warm air intake, airbags removed, I'm thinking I should be in FSP-S?

airbags removed

The passenger side airbag is removed too? If it is is it physically removed or is it just disconnected?

The passenger side airbag is removed too? If it is is it physically removed or is it just disconnected?

Physically removed, replaced by a block-off tray.

That'll take you out of FSP

15. STREET PREPARED CATEGORY15.2 BODYWORKH. Driver and front passenger airbags may be electrically disabledbut not removed.

You'd be in E-Prepared.

That'll take you out of FSPYou'd be in E-Prepared.

Hmmm, is there even anyone else competing in this class locally? This is what I get for building my car for me, and not for autoX eh Joe, lol.

You'll be in the same group as the Street Prepared, Street Modified, Prepared and Modified guys. If you had all the airbags in you'd be in STS.

i was in DSS last year and this year i believe i will be under STS, but im not 100% sure which subsection of STS i would be in.