Classing help (old)

I ran in RAW class for the first event of the season. I have a 2011 WRX on street tires. I am trying to register for sunday through DLB racing and RAW is not one of the options. Any suggestions? I also want to compete for rookie award this year. Any help would be appreciated.

Cancel that, i found the RAW class.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran in RAW class for the first event of the season. I have a 2011 WRX on street tires. I am trying to register for sunday through DLB racing and RAW is not one of the options. Any suggestions? I also want to compete for rookie award this year. Any help would be appreciated.

To compete for rookie class I believe you need to have a WSCC membership and also pick a class where you will accumulate points.

I will be running the exact same car and from the information I recieved I am running DS-S. If I am correct and you want to change to this class, I think you can go into DLB and edit your selection. If my class selection is wrong, I would appreciate someone setting me straight.

I will be running the exact same car and from the information I recieved I am running DS-S. If I am correct and you want to change to this class' date=' I think you can go into DLB and edit your selection. If my class selection is wrong' date=' I would appreciate someone setting me straight.[/quote'']Yup, DS-S is the correct class for a stock 2011 WRX.

Anyway' date=' where can I find the rules regarding what mod can I do in STF?[/quote']SCCA - Sports Car Club of AmericaThey are the group that sets the rules. In Canada we have our own rules, but I believe it's 99% the same so just use these as if they were the same.Right on their homepage there is a link to download the "Solo" rule set. Or here's a direct link to the pdf.

Cat back exhaust is allowed in Stock but the question was about a "Stage 2" WRX, which commonly means an aftermarket high flow downpipe (not allowed) and an AccessPort tune that increases boost (also not allowed). These mods put him up into ASP, just like me, Brian, Corey, and others.

Cat back exhaust is allowed in Stock but the question was about a "Stage 2" WRX' date=' which commonly means an aftermarket high flow downpipe (not allowed) and an AccessPort tune that increases boost (also not allowed). These mods put him up into ASP, just like me, Brian, Corey, and others.[/quote']I thought he was asking a question as to what he could do to the car and still stay in stock class.

Right on their homepage there is a link to download the "Solo" rule set. Or here's a direct link to the pdf.

If the link doesn't work for some reason (not sure why ... I just clicked it and it works for me) then just go to the SCCA webpage. :banghead:

If the link doesn't work for some reason (not sure why ... I just clicked it and it works for me) then just go to the SCCA webpage. :banghead:

My computer won't even load it from the webpage, it just sits there saying "loading" without doing anything even sitting there for hours.

Hmm ... it's a large pdf file so maybe that's why. I know my computer hates PDF files for some reason (Adobe: you suck!) so it sometimes needs to try 2 or 3 times before it can d/l it properly.Tip: sometimes instead of opening the link in your browser, try to right click and "save file as" or "save target as" and then save the file directly to your hard drive. That seems to work for me whenever the PDF viewer in my browser gets hung up.

What's the difference? :)

Both ASP and BSP allow the same modifications but competition is limited so that cars with similar characteristics compete against only each other.Find the rules here:http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_May.pdfPage 186 has cars listed in ASP Page 187 has cars listed in BSPRules for Street Prepared (SP) Pages 91-106 (section 15)

My computer won't even load it from the webpage' date=' it just sits there saying "loading" without doing anything even sitting there for hours.[/quote']You're probably using Chrome, right? Like Beau said: Right click > Save As. Or try a different browser.Chrome has been getting worse and worse for not displaying PDFs and not loading random pages (even Google.com pages!). I'm about to jump ship./threadjack

Both ASP and BSP allow the same modifications but competition is limited so that cars with similar characteristics compete against only each other.Find the rules here:http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012_Solo_Rules_May.pdfPage 186 has cars listed in ASP Page 187 has cars listed in BSPRules for Street Prepared (SP) Pages 91-106 (section 15)

Exactly what I needed to know! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

That really sucks for me. The car is completely stock except for the stage kit from the previous owner. All the stage kit does is raise power past 6000 rpms because the stock injectors are maxed from the factory, completely useless in first gear and dobutful I would even reach that speed (~94kmh) in second :(

I don't have the factory injectors and I would need a dealer to flash the factory PCM file. I think im just going to leave it how it is for this year, then maybe stock or some suspension upgrades for next.Time to register for a membership and autoslaom school.