Classing help (old)

2000 Ford Focus ZX3Mods:Lowering Springs - ST legalCross Drilled Front Rotors - ST legalSS Brake Lines - ST legal if DOT approvedShort Ram Style Intake - ST legalEBC Ceramic Brake Pads (Greenstuff) - Stock legalIf you remove all but the brake pads you're good to go in H-Stock. If your tires aren't wider than 225 and your wheels aren't wider than 7.5" then your in STS. Same goes for J. C.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you still have at least one cat, your rims are a maximum of 8" wide and your tires are a maximum of 245mm wide then you'd be in STX.For anyone running Street Touring and has done exhaust modifications remember this rule

14. STREET TOURING CATEGORY14.10 ENGINEEngine and transmission must remain unmodified, including emissionsequipment, except as noted below. All emissions monitoring system hardware and software must be operationally functional as originally intended by the manufacturer. Tampering with emissions system software and/or hardware to create or cloak non-compliance is not permitted. Some examples of emissions system tampering are O2 foolers, disabling or deactivating Check Engine Light (CEL) code indication, backdating ECU internals from OBD2 to OBD1, etc.

Ok well with the cat-less up-pipe there is a resistor that is inserted in the harness that was connected to the egt sensor. I still have 2 cats left but eventually getting rid of them by next year and getting a cobb accessport to remove the CEL. So for now I'm STX but after I get my cat-less down-pipe and the other cat that connects the mid-pipe and down-pipe what class would I be in? Sorry I read the .pdf file but it's a little hard to understand.

You'd be in ESP.

15. STREET PREPARED CATEGORY15.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAINF. Emission control devices may be modified or removed. This permits the oil filler cap to be modified or substituted, but does not allow valve covers or cam covers to be altered to install a breather or for any other purpose.I. Exhaust manifolds and muffler systems are free, except that they must be quiet and terminate behind the driver. Exhaust heat shields may be removed. Rear- and mid-engine cars without exhaust headers/manifold systems may use any exhaust system that meets the requirements of 3.5. This permits the removal of “heater boxes” in order to install headers on such cars.

• 2 weeks later...

'99 Acura 1.6EL-H&R Sport springs, KYB AGX struts, Skunk2 LCA's, factory sized wheels with 205/50/15 street tires, KVR rotors, Hawk HPS pads, stainless brake lines all around, stock drums on back, warm air intake, airbags removed, I'm thinking I should be in FSP-S?

That'll take you out of FSPYou'd be in E-Prepared.

Hmmm, is there even anyone else competing in this class locally? This is what I get for building my car for me, and not for autoX eh Joe, lol.

Hmmm' date=' is there even anyone else competing in this class locally? This is what I get for building my car for me, and not for autoX eh Joe, lol.[/quote']Forgot about it earlier but your side skirts would have also take you out of SP. They're allowed in Street Touring but not in Street Prepared.
14. STREET TOURING CATEGORY14.2. BODYWORKF. Addition of spoilers, splitters, body kits, rear wings and nonfunctional scoops/vents is allowed. The intent of this allowance is to accommodate commonly available appearance kits, and replicas thereof, which have no significant aerodynamic function at Solo speeds. Body kits are limited to bumper covers, valances, side skirts, and fender flares. Standard parts may not be removed except for the substitution of spoilers, rear wings, bumper covers and valances. Rear wings must attach only aft of the rear wheel centerline.
15. STREET PREPARED CATEGORY15.2 BODYWORKI. Spoilers/splitters and cosmetic trim pieces are permitted. Side skirts may not be used. Spoilers/splitters must comply with the following subsections. The intent of this allowance is to accommodate commonly available appearance kits, and replicas thereof, which have no significant aerodynamic function at Solo speeds.

Forgot about it earlier but your side skirts would have also take you out of SP. They're allowed in Street Touring but not in Street Prepared.

Wow, there is a LOT of rules in this sport, lol. Thanks for the help Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve, Could you confirm that my car would be SM? A quick perusal of the new ruleset leads me to believe that that is where my car would be....and since it's been awhile...92 Civic Si with suspension and boost.Thanks.

Nick' date=' does that mean we'll be seeing you next weekend? :)[/quote']Well, when I got home yesterday I jacked the car up, put in the racing suspension, cleaned and gapped the plugs, changed the oil and dug the R's out of the basement. So, yeah, I'm hoping to be there : ) I'm anxious to try it again and I didn't even see anybody racing, yesterday....and thanks, Steve.

Hey Steve I'm considering a car change right now...to a 2007 Cobalt SS, Non Supercharged. What class? F Stock? Where is the online documents that show classing rules, I figure you must know since you practically have all of them memorized, lol

In hopes of actually running my car on Sunday I want to know what class I am in. I think I will be ESP. 2004 Audi S4' date=' H-Sport front and rear anti-sway bars, everything else is stock. Shawn[/quote']I believe if you put your stock rear bar back on then you can run in Stock.