Classing help (old)

Hey guys, I believe that I'm in SP could somebody verify for me?'04 focus non-svt (2l zetec engine), focus central 65mm throttle body, volant cold-air box, ford racing 4-2-1 header, c-f-m hi-flow cat, mbrp cat back, h&r front sway, steeda rear sway, focus sport front and rear strut bars, ford racing suspension kit (non-adjustable), ecu reflash.Thanks in advance

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1997 Honda Prelude SH (SH= stock ATTS traction control system) with short ram intake, Ground Control springs with custom spring rates and GC coilovers, Koni Yellow shocks, Hawk HP pads with KVR rotors.I'm assuming STS but not really sure.

I would love to, but I think my next purchase would probably end up being better tires. Currently I have cheap walmart tires cause they were brand new when I bought the car and I couldn't justify buying new tires. I think it'll be some time before I get close to the limit of the stock setup.

Do engine swaps still put you straight into MOD?Where would I be in a 2002 WRX with:-06 STi engine w/ forged pistons, pnp'd heads, tranny, axles, suspension, brakes, hubs, subframe, diff, interior, etc-Prodrive Springs-Aftermarket turbo, FMIC, turboback exhaust, headers, upipe, wastegate, bov, etc.-Impreza RS hood and trunk-255/40/17 street tires on STi wheels.

I have two friends running skyline GT-R's this year and one with a lancer evo I. We are all new to autocross period so we have no idea how the cars will be classed one is as follows 1992 skyline GT-R bone stock except for cat back exhaust and a set of sparco 17" wheels running 255 40 R17's the other is an 1989 skyline GT-R w/ Power FC ECU, turbo back exhaust, I believe he has an HKS boost controller but its not being used, and an R33 RB26 DETT that was transplanted after he blew his original motor with the previously mentioned boost controller, and aftermarket adjustable suspension with front and rear strut tower bars. the third car is a 1992 mitsubishi Lancer evo I, bone stock except for KYB gab adjustables and a legalis R cat back exhaust.

No, JDM cars fall under the excluded list for SM (16.C.1.b - Sample of excluded vehicles: JDM-Spec cars) JDM and Euro cars are explicitly excluded from the SCCA classing as they only class US based models. Therefore they fall into either D or E MOD classes. I believe those particular cars fall into DMOD. We've had a couple GT-Rs come out, they were DMOD.

OK a little more research proves me wrong. I was pretty sure that prepared allowed non North American cars, but i was mistaken, sorry guys. I have seen JDM cars classed in Prepared, however that would be the local club following the one section in prepared that says the club can class full fendered cars in an appropriate class.So then small engines go to Dmod, and larger ones are Emod. Would be nice not to have to use the Mod classes if all possible, but might help us make those 3 even classes in the end.

Would be nice not to have to use the Mod classes if all possible' date=' but might help us make those 3 even classes in the end.[/quote']Doesn't help with that at all, whether they're in Prepared or Mod, they're still in the same classing group.

Oh right, we're lumping SP mod and prepared together. would it work better to split SP from the group? that's how i always mentally picture it, and SP is the old SS pretty much anyways and SS was always separate. anyways, i'm sure you have lots of other things to figure out.

I just want to check that i classed myself correctly.2000 Subaru Impreza RS with front strut tower bar, bigger rear sway bar, cold air intake and stiffer f/r sway bar links. Would this be STS?

2000 Subaru Impreza RS front strut tower bar - ST legal ***bigger rear sway bar - ST legalcold air intake - ST legalstiffer f/r sway bar links - Front is Stock legal and rear is ST legal *** the strut bar can only mount from upper left to upper right or lower left to lower right. If it ties into a third location you're out of ST.

I also need help with Classing My Car, I thought I'd keep it in one thread.2000 Ford Focus ZX3Mods:Lowering SpringsCross Drilled Front RotorsSS Brake LinesShort Ram Style IntakeEBC Ceramic Brake Pads (Greenstuff)Would these move me out of H-Stock? If so, into what category as google doesn't seem to be my friend on this one