Classing help (old)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is the appropriate place or way to bring this to anyone's attention.I've noticed that the GTR R35 has been running in ASP-S all year (only noticed as that is my class as well)I was browsing through the rule book today and noticed that the GTR R35 is classed as SSP. Just thought I would share.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to be classed next season. My car will be stock except for the 15X8 wheels, larger front bar and coil-over shocks. The Miata actually has coil-over shocks standard so I don't know if this will make a difference. I do know altering the ride height does.My car also has a Torsen diff which I know changes things as well.What class would I be in?

I'd like to be classed next season. My car will be stock except for the 15X8 wheels' date=' larger front bar and coil-over shocks. The Miata actually has coil-over shocks standard so I don't know if this will make a difference. I do know altering the ride does.My car also has a Torsen diff which I know changed things as well.What class would I be in?[/quote']That sounds like you would be in STR.Since your wheels are wider than stock that automatically bumps you out of stock unfortunately. Also, you can change the shocks in stock but need to have the stock spring rates and have the spring perch in the same location relative to the shock housing.

Thanks guys. The green Miata #10 was classed in CSP-S and was pretty fast, compared to me anyway. I'm pretty sure that's a nut-behind-the-wheel thing.I didn't get to talk to him, does anyone know what mods that car has? All I observed was that the ride height was lower.

Thanks guys. The green Miata #10 was classed in CSP-S and was pretty fast' date=' compared to me anyway. I'm pretty sure that's a nut-behind-the-wheel thing.I didn't get to talk to him, does anyone know what mods that car has? All I observed was that the ride height was lower.[/quote']Unless he changed cars, I believe it was blue, and that is Lawrence. A regular from a while back, and a very good driver.Not sure what mods he's done, but a few people here might have a better idea. I don't think he is active on the forum.

• 4 months later...

I am wondering if I can run street touring class and change the steering shaft in my Mustang to an aftermarket part? I have been reading the rules and not had any luck on this. This is the link to the part that I would like: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Shaft-Assembly-Power-Steering-Rack-1994-04-Mustang-P460.aspxI had this part on my old Mustang and loved how it took the slop out of the steering. In my new Mustang I am having to constantly correct the steering to keep it straight on the highway it feels quite sloppy. That is the main reason for wanting to update. Basically this part replaces the rubber rag joint with a universal joint.

I am wondering if I can run street touring class and change the steering shaft in my Mustang to an aftermarket part? I have been reading the rules and not had any luck on this. This is the link to the part that I would like: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Steering-Shaft-Assembly-Power-Steering-Rack-1994-04-Mustang-P460.aspxI had this part on my old Mustang and loved how it took the slop out of the steering. In my new Mustang I am having to constantly correct the steering to keep it straight on the highway it feels quite sloppy. That is the main reason for wanting to update. Basically this part replaces the rubber rag joint with a universal joint.

I don't know for certain, but I don't think so. Remember that if it's not explicitly mentioned in your class's rules or those of any lower-prep classes, then it's not allowed. I.e. If it doesn't say you can, then you can't.You can always ask your competitors if they'll let you run an illegal mod, and we tend to be pretty relaxed about it locally, but if you ask for too many you may raise a few eyebrows.

I don't know for certain' date=' but I don't think so. Remember that if it's not explicitly mentioned in your class's rules or those of any lower-prep classes, then it's not allowed. I.e. If it doesn't say you can, then you can't.You can always ask your competitors if they'll let you run an illegal mod, and we tend to be pretty relaxed about it locally, but if you ask for too many you may raise a few eyebrows.[/quote']Thanks Jeff I will keep this in mind.

• 2 months later...

Hello. Last year I was hoping to autocross my Fiat 500 Turbo but it was brought to my attention that my car did not meet the stability requirement. I've noticed that my car is now listed in the 2014 Solo rules under the Street Touring Compact class. Is my car now allowed run in this class in stock form? Thanks.

Just a quick question -

Regarding RHD vehicles... is there a change to how they are classed? 

page 105 of the 2014 solo rulebook which I believe is the correct one..

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2014%20Solo%20Rules%20Book%207%20w%20cover%20and%20links.pdf

is the only page with "JDM" on it - (under street modified)

now my RHD vehicle would be under street prepared otherwise, but being its a RHD it falls not under street modified, but just Prepared, or Modified? Im confused how it says Excluding JDM-spec cars on the street modified page above, so where does it fit as there seems to be no definitive place for jdm vehicles, specifically ones that are essentially not modified.

Just a quick question -

Regarding RHD vehicles... is there a change to how they are classed? 

page 105 of the 2014 solo rulebook which I believe is the correct one..

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2014%20Solo%20Rules%20Book%207%20w%20cover%20and%20links.pdf

is the only page with "JDM" on it - (under street modified)

now my RHD vehicle would be under street prepared otherwise, but being its a RHD it falls not under street modified, but just Prepared, or Modified? Im confused how it says Excluding JDM-spec cars on the street modified page above, so where does it fit as there seems to be no definitive place for jdm vehicles, specifically ones that are essentially not modified.

Thank you both you asking these questions. I will address them both in this thread: http://forums.wscc.mb.ca/index.php?/topic/9304-2014-car-classing-guide-help-thread/

<Can a moderator please lock this thread.>