Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Cool car videos thread

Hilarious' date=' something to offend everyone! :)[/quote']Recession? What recession? :P In the future if anyone has money to blow on something like this, just forward it to me, thanks :D

Marcus Gronholm in a Ford Fiesta at Pike's Peak:

I've been looking for a video of that, good find. I winder why he uses the clutch with a sequential transmission?

I've been looking for a video of that, good find. I winder why he uses the clutch with a sequential transmission?

Clutch kicking for rotation, I heard they had some damage to the transmission, and you need it in first gear :)

mclaren f1 road car lemans race:http://www.motorcities.com/vehicle/09HCG365829214.htmlf1 racing onboard vids with no audio commentaries:http://www.formula1.com/video/race_edits.htmltricky navigation, but you have to agree to the copyright message, then click the "onboard" tab at the top. then choose the race. without commentator interruption, you can actually hear the floor skip on the track, and it's a more purist look at the level of commitment these drivers have into each corner.

There was a time when shifting your own gears meant you had to drive with both feet, but in the age of high-tech automatics, that's no longer the case. Over the years, F1-style gearboxes has evolved and -- in most cases -- proven to be faster and more efficient than a manual, with far less physical labor.Ferrari's recent lineup is chock full of auto 'boxes, and one F430 Challenge owner who frequents the track finally got fed-up with the teasing from his manual shifting brethren and decided to poke back at those who call his Maranello masterpiece the Ferraromatic. Hit the jump to watch all the things you can do in a self-shifting Fezza, including knitting, texting and wine tasting (simulated). Sure, it's all a clever ruse (a few inconsistencies with steering angle spoil the illusion), but it's damn funny all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsvknc4HzGc

Screw that. That Porsche driver is a sore loser. The Vette was clearly faster. "hmmm he's about to pass me again... I'll push him into the sand this time".... "oh wait, he just passed me... I'll push him into the wall now"That wasn't defensive driving.. that was just being an ass.

Posted ImagePosted ImageNow, take a look at this video from Sebring 2007 which Bergmeister was on the losing end of a very similar move:

Wow.. one offense at the last corner of the race.... versus how many bullshit blocks from the Porsche leading up to that? If I were the Vette driver, I'd be pissed off too at that point.

Like we say at Speedworld: Blocking doesn't get people hurt, spinning people out does. Bergmeister didn't do any bullshit blocks, but he did make that 911 really, really wide, which is acceptable racing.

I just finished watching that race from the start. The vett was faster but could not get past the porsche. The vett needed to finish in first to get the title if I recall so he started to get desperate and made some poor choices. I think the outcome was fair.