Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Cool car videos thread

try this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCph80AO_2sI also saw that during the race' date=' its really interesting how the inside tire heats up a split second before the outside does going into a corner.[/quote']During braking they'll load the inside edges due to the camber. I'm surprised they are giving out this kind of info, seems to me they would want to keep this from the other teams.

Maybe I'm behind on news but isn't that Flavio Briatore and isn't he banned still or is that over?

The ban was overturned. Plus, he still manages several F1 drivers.

For any that complain about needed to downshift at St. Andrews for Auto-x watch this:

That's from last week's 2013 Solo Nationals. He finished third overall in STR with an AP1 S2000 :)

One particular past National champion claims that an S2000 has too much torque to use street tires effectively. Yeah, sure! I'm thinking he hasn't driven many other cars.

One particular past National champion claims that an S2000 has too much torque to use street tires effectively. Yeah' date=' sure! I'm thinking he hasn't driven many other cars.[/quote']By that logic my civic has too much torque :P

Did I mention the 'SCCA National Champion' part? ;) The guy can drive, but maybe he hasn't experienced a car with more torque than a sewing machine.

Wow! That must have been a couple months worth of work to put that together.

For any that complain about needed to downshift at St. Andrews for Auto-x watch this:

That's from last week's 2013 Solo Nationals. He finished third overall in STR with an AP1 S2000 :)
I actually really liked that video. Shows a very competent driver driving a sports car like it's supposed to be driven. None of this leave it in 2nd gear crap. If you can't drive a manual trans like it's supposed to be driven, maybe you should consider lawn bowling. :cool:Okay maybe that was a tad bit harsh. Nothing wrong with driving a slush box or leaving it in second gear for a beginner. Come out, enjoy, get hooked, get better ... and eventually learn to drive like that guy.

Was the woman driving? Did she get out with her jacket in hand as if she were getting out at home or something? That was odd. Speaking of things going wrong in a hurry.,,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!Female drivers! I love how her first thought was "better save my clothes!" when she got out.

Dear valued female members and future-members (most of whom are faster than Kosta): The comments of the member above do not necessarily--and in fact, almost never--reflect the views of the Winnipeg Sports Car Club, its leadership, or any significant portion of its membership. Please accept our sincerest apologies for inadvertently providing the medium through which such tasteless asshattery can be so cheaply carried-out.

Dear valued female members and future-members (most of whom are faster than Kosta): The comments of the member above do not necessarily--and in fact' date=' almost never--reflect the views of the Winnipeg Sports Car Club, its leadership, or any significant portion of its membership. Please accept our sincerest apologies for inadvertently providing the medium through which tasteless asshattery can be so cheaply carried-out.[/quote']Hahaha truth hurts, man.

Hahaha truth hurts' date=' man.[/quote']Don't make me add that disclaimer as a permanent fixture in your signature.

@Jeff - well played sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar@Kosta - you are neither