Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Cool car videos thread

Cool video and my wife can attest to the same experience even in Gimli.It looked very cold in the car right at the beginning... But that's just a dude's outlook

Cool video and my wife can attest to the same experience even in Gimli.It looked very cold in the car right at the beginning... But that's just a dude's outlook

I'm guessing your wife does not have an account here.

Don't think I've ever shared this story here, My Neon ACR was originally bought in California by the sales and marketing director at Skip Barber back in 1994. He raced it in SSC throughout the 94 season at different tracks in California.Looking at my record I don't see the car registered for this event at Willow Springs, but this is what it was like to drive a Showroom Stock Neon like mine when it was new in 1994.

Ouch! Note where he is looking the entire time.

And did the bike bottom out too?Mostly, it appears he was victim of the photo op. (Like smiling for a camera, as you're walking into a wall. I've probably done that at least twice.)Would also have been interesting if the vette stayed on line...

2012 Solo Nationals Music video

Cool vid!little glimpse of a local power couple in there. (keep an eye out for that familiar orange jacket)

Cool vid!little glimpse of a local power couple in there. (keep an eye out for that familiar orange jacket)

2:50 the winnipeg crew, 4:09 - a winning hugGood vid.

2:50 the winnipeg crew' date=' 4:09 - a winning hugGood vid.[/quote']I don't see anyone from Winnipeg at 2:50 :confused:

I don't see anyone from Winnipeg at 2:50 :confused:

I couldn't see them either but I did see the CR that Jeff and Em were driving. I assume they were the shadowy figures on the left edge of the screen.

Those were not mountain bike shocks. I would put money on the fact that they are using Formula SAE shocks on the front! The reason I say that is that Formula SAE shocks are pretty much mountain bike shocks. That is a VERY cool video Chris!

I bet F1 cars are going to look like that in 5 to 10 years.

That will depend on the FIA.

Hopefully not a repost... McLaren's How to Build a Supercar. It's as much about the facility and the company as it is about the MP4-12C, which makes it extra cool. So much thought goes into every detail of the work environment, and nothing just gets done without first being designed - a crucial step that gets skipped far too often these days. It's 60 minutes but worth it. Enjoy!

Hopefully not a repost... McLaren's How to Build a Supercar. It's as much about the facility and the company as it is about the MP4-12C' date=' which makes it extra cool. So much thought goes into every detail of the work environment, and nothing just gets done without first being designed - a crucial step that gets skipped far too often these days. It's 60 minutes but worth it. Enjoy![/quote']Amazing. The sticky pad for the shoes blow my mind. One minor detail they overlooked - their paint/body guy isn't wearing his mask correctly :P

Amazing. The sticky pad for the shoes blow my mind. One minor detail they overlooked - their paint/body guy isn't wearing his mask correctly :P

We use those sticky pads at Boeing for the rooms where some of the more important structural parts are made. What blew my mind was the anti static gun they used before paint and replacing castor wheels just because they were two shades too dark!