Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Cool car videos thread

They just don't build 'em like they used to! A 2009 Chevy vs. a 1959 Chevy:

Watch through to the end for the projected injuries.

They just don't build 'em like they used to! A 2009 Chevy vs. a 1959 Chevy:

Watch through to the end for the projected injuries.
I think I've seen that video before. The comparison is nice, but possibly a little skewed. The amount of 'red dust' coming from the 59 makes me think it isn't quite all there structurally. It probably wouldn't have done much better, but it would be nice to know what condition the older car was in.

WSCC used to autocross in Steinbach and there were tons of curbs there. The course designers managed to keep it quite safe, but it wasn't without a few sketchy occasions. I recall a lime green Fiero fishtailing out of the gate and ending up with a rear wheel jumping a curb. It wasn't pretty.

This looks like a boat-load of fun! Electric Karting
Wow, so many dirty moves! Rubbing really is racing for these guys.Makes me wonder what F1 battles would look like if touching didn't result in catastrophic damage.

Makes me wonder what F1 battles would look like if touching didn't result in catastrophic damage.

Probably a lot like last summer's Nationwide race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve..:)

2011 Race of Champions full replay online in HD.Day 1 (Nation's cup) - A shootout in identical cars between pairs of champs like MSC/Vettel, Button/Priaulx, Kristensen/Hanninen.ROC 2011 - Half the guys from Day 1 duke it out to be the champion of champions.

Can you believe other people are autocrossing already? :(Very well made video:

Guess I can understand the let go of the wheel when you're about to hit the wall. Looks like that wheel would make short work of your thumbs if you didn't