Cool car videos thread

Corey

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't take any test of the GT-R seriously because the moment you disable the traction control, your warranty is void. By Nissan's own admission, the car can only do 12 launches before something breaks. It reminds me of tuner tests where one tuner car produces massive numbers but breaks before the testing is complete. Hennessey produces 1000 hp Vipers but in half the tests against Lingenfelters less powerful but reliable Vettes, the Vipers broke and the Vettes finished without a hiccup.

cool subaru vidthought some of you subaru fans might like this.... sure looks spectacular!I dont think it was all caught in a single run... still pretty good.http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/small_player/preloader.swf?vendor_id=204&media_id=9183&bgcolor=FFFFFF&autoplay=0 doug --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Messenger wants to send you on a trip. Enter today.

thought some of you subaru fans might like this.... sure looks spectacular!I dont think it was all caught in a single run... still pretty good.http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/small_player/preloader.swf?vendor_id=204&media_id=9183&bgcolor=FFFFFF&autoplay=0 doug --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Messenger wants to send you on a trip. Enter today.

Posted Image

^Most likely explanation.Shows how much Nissan under-rated the skyline's power though...AWD GTR: 74hp drivetrain lossRWD ZR1: 133hp drivetrain loss:rolleyes:

+1 on this theory.gm was careful not to make hp claims until the certified sae testing was done. the days of over-rating are gone. but under-rating, as in the gt-r which can't possibly get those performance numbers with that weight, awd, and only 479 flywheel hp, is still around and completely legit. i'd say it's too convenient for 74 hp to be almost exactly 15% of 479 hp.

i'd say it's too convenient for 74 hp to be almost exactly 15% of 479 hp.

Now that's just ignorant - even for an engineer! :DThat 74hp was from ONE dyno test! Results can vary by more than 15% from one dyno to the next. Motion and Wall's never come up with the same results for the same car.

yeah, that was the point i was trying to make. i think it's safe to assume that nissan's hp numbers are way underrated, unless the gt-r tranny, driveshafts, axles and wheels contain pixie dust.most people that see the specs think 3800 lbs, <12s 1/4-mile, 479 hp. no freakin' way!hopefully, if this magazine wants any credibility, the chassis dyno used was consistent for the 2 cars.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived