Cool car videos thread

Corey

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think I've ever shared this story here, My Neon ACR was originally bought in California by the sales and marketing director at Skip Barber back in 1994. He raced it in SSC throughout the 94 season at different tracks in California.Looking at my record I don't see the car registered for this event at Willow Springs, but this is what it was like to drive a Showroom Stock Neon like mine when it was new in 1994.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ouch! Note where he is looking the entire time.

And did the bike bottom out too?Mostly, it appears he was victim of the photo op. (Like smiling for a camera, as you're walking into a wall. I've probably done that at least twice.)Would also have been interesting if the vette stayed on line...

Hopefully not a repost... McLaren's How to Build a Supercar. It's as much about the facility and the company as it is about the MP4-12C, which makes it extra cool. So much thought goes into every detail of the work environment, and nothing just gets done without first being designed - a crucial step that gets skipped far too often these days. It's 60 minutes but worth it. Enjoy!

Hopefully not a repost... McLaren's How to Build a Supercar. It's as much about the facility and the company as it is about the MP4-12C' date=' which makes it extra cool. So much thought goes into every detail of the work environment, and nothing just gets done without first being designed - a crucial step that gets skipped far too often these days. It's 60 minutes but worth it. Enjoy![/quote']Amazing. The sticky pad for the shoes blow my mind. One minor detail they overlooked - their paint/body guy isn't wearing his mask correctly :P

Amazing. The sticky pad for the shoes blow my mind. One minor detail they overlooked - their paint/body guy isn't wearing his mask correctly :P

We use those sticky pads at Boeing for the rooms where some of the more important structural parts are made. What blew my mind was the anti static gun they used before paint and replacing castor wheels just because they were two shades too dark!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived