Corey

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shamelessly stolen from Top Tier:In-car Jeremy Foley crash at Pikes Peak:

In-car Paul Dallenbach crash at Pikes Peak:
In-car Rhys Millen record run at Pikes Peak:
This could be an ignorant question' date=' but I noticed on the record run video some downshifts he is using the clutch, while other times, it doesn't [i']appear as though he is. What is the reasoning behind this on a sequential transmission car? Is it to give the car an extra 'kick' or something? I know when it was dirt still you used to see them hit the clutch to kick the car around a corner, for example, but why on tarmac?

appear as though he is. What is the reasoning behind this on a sequential transmission car? Is it to give the car an extra 'kick' or something? I know when it was dirt still you used to see them hit the clutch to kick the car around a corner, for example, but why on tarmac?

I don't know how directly it translates to cars with sequential + dog box, but on motocross / road race bikes it seems most racers don't clutch when they shift up, but many do when they downshift. I know on my RMZ450 MX bike, the few times I tried to downshift with no clutch it either didn't work, or it was really harsh.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived