MEETING TONIGHT

917guy

I HAVE TRIED TO PHONE EVERYONE BUT IF YOU DID NOT GET A CALL, COME ON OUT TO THE PONY CORRAL GRANT AT WILTON (GRANT PARK SHOPPING CENTER)ICE RACE MEETING FROM 7 PM TO 8 PM ... FOLLOWED BY WSCC MEMBERSHIP MEETINGAGENDA: DISCUSS VENUES AND RACE SCHEDULE FOR 2008UPDATE FOR ALL ON SPONSORSHIP PROGRESS AND THE BIG TV RACE IN FEB.DAVID

I HAVE TRIED TO PHONE EVERYONE BUT IF YOU DID NOT GET A CALL' date=' COME ON OUT TO THE PONY CORRAL GRANT AT WILTON (GRANT PARK SHOPPING CENTER)MEETING FROM 7 PM TO 8 PM ... FOLLOWED BY WSCC MEMBERSHIP MEETINGAGENDA: DISCUSS VENUES AND RACE SCHEDULE FOR 2008UPDATE FOR ALL ON SPONSORSHIP PROGRESS AND THE BIG TV RACE IN FEB.DAVID[/quote']wow tv spots and SPONSORSHIP?!!!! i think you guys have traded places with saskatoon, 2 years ago we had close to 30 cars , now we are fighting to get 12 and we have no sponsors:(good to hear you guys are running strong! good luck with your season

car counts down?this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyway...why do you think the car count is down? sometimes its just a cyclical thing,but its always good to learn from the experiences of other racers / clubs...rules? tracks? location? schedule? cost? conflicts? anything you could/would share would be appreciated..thanksDoug

I'm not speaking for Steve, but both the QCMA and the SSCC are seeing this at the moment. I believe it's due to a lot of the key people getting into road-racing. Last year there were 4 or 5, this year there were 15. In Saskatoon, a lot of those guys were the ice-racers, or the organizers of the series. Attracting 'new blood' to be the organizers seems to be our trouble at the moment.Gary

Just an idea I'm going to throw out there. If Ice racing is losing members to road racing, what would happen if the same car could be used for both disciplines? It may not be a simple operation to make a road race Civic acceptable for ice race but maybe we could start a Legends car class? Legends cars can be quickly and easily set up for road racing, ice racing, dirt oval or even autocross and they are cheap to purchase and repair. Here's a link for info http://charlesking.net/What-Is-a-Legends-Car-.html and a distributor in Calgary http://www.legendscars.ca/racing_school_page.htmlI've seen a number of used Legends cars for $6000-$8000 that are ready to go and they are raced everywhere, so our members could go racing down south, out east or west. I took Legends car race school in Calgary and the cars are an absolute hoot to race.

I agree with Conebasher. Make the cars so they can do the autocross, ice, and road race. Converting the car for dirt is too much work and usually after they race on the dirt, they're life span is greatly reduced. Also driver-side cage design would be an issue if these cars were to race on dirt. Maybe a bolt on system could be invented but they way those cars hit sometimes, I know for sure I would want welded bars. Keep Thinking!

I don't believe that we in Winnipeg have lost any ice racers to dry track, dirt track or other but it does make good sense to prepare a vehicle that can be raced in the winter and in the summer. Last season I spoke with a few guys in Saskatoon that have cars that can be used in both seasonsI'm not sure that you could successfully race in the dirt and then in winter continuously unless you were a very motivated body-man. The dirt can get pretty rough on body parts.My .02

Yes, racing on unsealed surfaces leads to damaged body panels but with Legends cars, new body panels are cheap and they use replaceable nerf bars to keep damage away from the main frame. Check out this catalog of Legends parts: http://store.600racing.com/site/department.cfm?id=4CBC59FA-B0D0-791A-650941EAFE628631Examples: fenders $84.99 eachComplete body $294.30Hood $59.40Nerf bar $36.40Front bumper $25.99Complete front clip $279.99Complete new chassis/frame $1479.00Complete new engine w/carbs $4350.00This is pretty cheap racing, no? Brakes and suspension are all Toyota sourced parts, cheap and easy to find. Plus you are running 13" wheels so R comps, slicks and even studded ice race tires are available. For the truly hardcore, you could road race it one weekend, auto-x it the next weekend (it's legal for C-Mod class) and swap springs and tires for ice racing. Also, the engine is a 4 cylinder motorcycle engine from a Yamaha FJ1200 but there are many other higher hp motorcycle engines that fit.

my integra has pretty much done every event except for rally, mini stock yep, it2 road race , yep , icerace champion of 2006 , yep, solo 2 events yep , so it can be done very easy , and did i mention i sometimes drive it to work?

Archived