Now which class for 2008?

Stock - Street(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Mark S (Boxster) AS- Briget S (Boxster) AS- Nish G (S2000) AS- Ken M (RX8) BS- Sandra M (RX8) BS- Marion S (Solstice) CS- Art S (Solstice) CS- Sebastian C (Civic) HS- Bob M (Malibu)- Daryn C (TT) DS- Jason F (Civic Si) GS- John (MINI JCW) BSStock - R's(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Kerry F (S2000) AS- Corey D (S2000) AS- Gord Z (S2000) AS- Noel M (S2000) AS- Jeff J. (S2000) AS- Mike F (350Z) BS- Chris D (350Z) BS- Claudio Z (RX-8) BS- Tim (RX-8) BS- JT (RX-8) BS- Karl (RX-8) BSStreet Touring - Street(STS, STS2, STX, STU)===========- Carlin L (Impreza) STS- Matt M (Civic) STSStreet Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Street(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Joe N (911) SM2- Steve C (Miata) CSP- Dan P (Miata) CSP- Tom S. (Impreza) DSP- Taylor K. (Focus) FSP- Kosta (Civic) SM- Chad E (Spitfire) SM2- Bill R (A4) DMOD- Joe C (Solstice)- Nik (BMW) DSP / DMOD later in season- Dave P (BMW) DSP- Ken K (STi) FP- Steve L (Civic) SM - I think...Street Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Rs(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Matt K BSP- Brad M (Neon) CSP- Jeremy C. (BMW) DSP- Peter M (WRX) ESP- David C (WRX) ESP-Trevor B (Mustang) ESP- Joe P (Corolla) FSP- Jeremy S (Civic) SM- Royce H. (Mustang GT) CP__________________Jason F. - ex WSCC Vice President & Newsletter Editor

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There'll be a few more people I think. Allan (Contour), Lanoi (Sentra), Mike H (Miata), Jason (2.5RS), Jeff (Civic), Dustin (Celica), Kevin (RSX) and Rajesh (Altima) might be there and I've helped class some rookies that'll be there too.

Don't know if my car will be ready for the first couple events but will definitely be bringing some turbo rotary power this season:)Stock - Street(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Mark S (Boxster) AS- Briget S (Boxster) AS- Nish G (S2000) AS- Ken M (RX8) BS- Sandra M (RX8) BS- Marion S (Solstice) CS- Art S (Solstice) CS- Sebastian C (Civic) HS- Bob M (Malibu)- Daryn C (TT) DS- Jason F (Civic Si) GS- John (MINI JCW) BSStock - R's(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Kerry F (S2000) AS- Corey D (S2000) AS- Gord Z (S2000) AS- Noel M (S2000) AS- Jeff J. (S2000) AS- Mike F (350Z) BS- Chris D (350Z) BS- Claudio Z (RX-8) BS- Tim (RX-8) BS- JT (RX-8) BS- Karl (RX-8) BSStreet Touring - Street(STS, STS2, STX, STU)===========- Carlin L (Impreza) STS- Matt M (Civic) STSStreet Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Street(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Joe N (911) SM2- Steve C (Miata) CSP- Dan P (Miata) CSP- Tom S. (Impreza) DSP- Taylor K. (Focus) FSP- Kosta (Civic) SM- Chad E (Spitfire) SM2- Bill R (A4) DMOD- Joe C (Solstice)- Nik (BMW) DSP / DMOD later in season- Dave P (BMW) DSP- Ken K (STi) FP- Steve L (Civic) SM - I think...- Devan H (RX-7) SM2Street Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Rs(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Matt K BSP- Brad M (Neon) CSP- Jeremy C. (BMW) DSP- Peter M (WRX) ESP- David C (WRX) ESP-Trevor B (Mustang) ESP- Joe P (Corolla) FSP- Jeremy S (Civic) SM- Royce H. (Mustang GT) CP

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it looks like we may have to run two run groups again until our membership base grows a little more. We were pretty tight last year with marshals and the groups are not evenly split this year.

I would think that with 50+ signed up now, that we are going to be close... We only need what 20 people to marshall? 3 at 5 stations, stop box, timing, safety, grid? Perhaps with the people that showup ontop of these that we can do it? Or would it be too complicated to prepare for both scenarios?

I would think that with 50+ signed up now' date=' that we are going to be close... We only need what 20 people to marshall? 3 at 5 stations, stop box, timing, safety, grid? Perhaps with the people that showup ontop of these that we can do it? Or would it be too complicated to prepare for both scenarios?[/quote'] Last year the marshall changeovers were iffy at best. I remember quite a few times when I was in the last group to marshall it would be just one person at a couple stations because no one remembered to/felt like going out.

Changeovers were iffy, that is true... Not a lot of volunteers sometimes... I wonder what it would be like with 2 groups running all 4 runs at once... I don't think we've done that! Bad thing is that it takes forever to do that many people with 4 runs... I think people will be marshalling 50% longer with this...I guess it's up to Kerry, he'll either find a way to make us happy or get bitched at relentlessly throughout the season ;)Ahhh the glories and laments of leadership haha

There are 48 on that list, and of them, the only groups that have people that consistently come to all the events are the Stock classes, and many of those are busy running the event. With your calculation of 20 people to marshal, in that case, we're severely short for that third group. ;)I'm considering doing all four runs for each group together, and having a small break for lunch in between the two. I think our efficiencies for actually getting the groups through has improved. It will require more marshaling than last year, but I don't think we have a choice.

I would definitely like to see the 3 run groups as a minimum. I would way rather see a driver check-in system with punishments to those that don't show up, rather then punishing everybody for them not showing up. it is definitely an increase in the amount of marshaling time. Last year was great because if you had friends or family there you could spend one heat with them and not have to worry about working, or missing your run. What about if after the first set of runs for that group we do a radio call in and check peoples names against the list (roll call). if people are found to not show up they loose their points for the event. Thats how they do it in the states except there you have to sign a sheet and they go pick it up.

You're not understanding the problem. We just don't have enough people. Last year there were many times that I either had to ask people to marshal for a second time, or we were just very short on some marshal stations. That was when the run groups were fairly evenly split. The problem is much worse this year with how the groups have fallen in place.The options are:1) See if there's a better pairing of run groups.2) Make some people who should be on their break, work anyway.3) Go back to a two group model until we have enough resources to run three groups again.I have a Chief Marshal now, his job is basically to make sure people are spread out and working where they said they would work. I had to do that last year otherwise the system wouldn't have worked at all. Getting people to marshal isn't as much of a problem when you have someone checking in on you. Last year it was just the lack of people that was the problem. There were a couple exceptions, but it isn't the norm anymore.

It doesn't look like the classes will split well into three groups this year, but if we starting getting 70+ participants at every event, then I'm sure we can find a way. Until then, I like the lunch break idea.

Yeah, if we consistently have over 70 drivers, I think we can make it work. To be clear, I want to be able to run three groups, it works very well. But I think we might have to wait a bit longer before we can make it work.

I understand what you are saying Kerry, and I agree. We need to ensure that the event runs smoothly regardless of the number of competitors involved, that is why I would recommend looking at possible ways to do a 2 group AND a 3 group system incase we get a hoard of drivers attending that are not already listed. This way we can announce the way it will run at the opening meeting, and be confident we have made the right decision.

+ 1 for SMStock - Street(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Mark S (Boxster) AS- Briget S (Boxster) AS- Nish G (S2000) AS- Ken M (RX8) BS- Sandra M (RX8) BS- Marion S (Solstice) CS- Art S (Solstice) CS- Sebastian C (Civic) HS- Bob M (Malibu)- Daryn C (TT) DS- Jason F (Civic Si) GS- John (MINI JCW) BSStock - R's(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Kerry F (S2000) AS- Corey D (S2000) AS- Gord Z (S2000) AS- Noel M (S2000) AS- Jeff J. (S2000) AS- Mike F (350Z) BS- Chris D (350Z) BS- Claudio Z (RX-8) BS- Tim (RX-8) BS- JT (RX-8) BS- Karl (RX-8) BSStreet Touring - Street(STS, STS2, STX, STU)===========- Carlin L (Impreza) STS- Matt M (Civic) STSStreet Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Street(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Joe N (911) SM2- Steve C (Miata) CSP- Dan P (Miata) CSP- Tom S. (Impreza) DSP- Taylor K. (Focus) FSP- Kosta (Civic) SM- Chad E (Spitfire) SM2- Bill R (A4) DMOD- Joe C (Solstice)- Nik (BMW) DSP / DMOD later in season- Dave P (BMW) DSP- Ken K (STi) FP- Steve L (Civic) SM - I think...- Devan H (RX-7) SM2- Shaun C (Mini) SMStreet Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Rs(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Matt K BSP- Brad M (Neon) CSP- Jeremy C. (BMW) DSP- Peter M (WRX) ESP- David C (WRX) ESP-Trevor B (Mustang) ESP- Joe P (Corolla) FSP- Jeremy S (Civic) SM- Royce H. (Mustang GT) CP

:D Sorry to put interrupt your thread jacking gentlemen.I have a Question regarding classing a vehicle.:confused: 2007 WRX STi- Lowered Approx. 1"- A turbo back exhaust (later this season, but wants to compete in the same class all season)(This is for a co-worker whos login is not working. :banghead: He wants to register on dlb but needs his car class)

:D Sorry to put interrupt your thread jacking gentlemen.I have a Question regarding classing a vehicle.:confused: 2007 WRX STi- Lowered Approx. 1"- A turbo back exhaust (later this season' date=' but wants to compete in the same class all season)(This is for a co-worker whos login is not working. :banghead: He wants to register on dlb but needs his car class)[/quote']Look at what Sue Turner registered as. Her sti should be in the same class I believe as that one will be. STX I think.

Stock - Street(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Marion S (Solstice) CS- Bob M (Malibu)-Stock - R's(AS, BS, CS, DS, ES, FS, GS, HS)===========- Kerry F (S2K) AS- Corey D (S2K) AS- Mike F (350Z) BS- Chris D (350Z) BS- Gord Z (S2K) AS- Noel M (S2K) AS- JT (TT) DS- Claudio Z (hopefully, if not SP/Mod R) BS- Jeremy C. (If I can find a co-drive) AS or BSStreet Touring - Street(STS, STS2, STX, STU)===========- Steve C (Miata) STS2-------Street Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Street(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Bill R (A4) DMOD- Dan P (Miata) CSP- Justin B (Prelude) DSP- Craig B (Prelude) DSP-Street Prepared/Street Modified/Prepared/Modified - Rs(ASP, BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, SM, SM2, XP, BP, CP, DP, EP, FP, GP, AMOD, BMOD, CMOD, DMOD, EMOD)===========- Brad M (Neon) CSP---

Archived