Menkes anyone??

jasonpank

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the applicable fees if using this method of importing? It it simply GST + PST? Are duties not charged if the product was made in NA?

Menke's fee + gas + gst + pst + duty. Duty depends on the country the product was made in. I believe NA is duty free.

I find it very irritating the we have to pay so much more for parts than americans, when our dollars are basically equivalent. I'm fed up with gov always having their hands in my pocket. If I was smart I would have bought the parts I want while in Vegas and had them installed there.Any modifications to the vehicle sir?No

I find it very irritating the we have to pay so much more for parts than americans' date=' when our dollars are basically equivalent. I'm fed up with gov always having their hands in my pocket. If I was smart I would have bought the parts I want while in Vegas and had them installed there.Any modifications to the vehicle sir?No [/quote']Just remember to throw away your bills......"A Lockport man’s Porsche Carrera may be a fast car -- but it wasn’t fast enough to help its owner avoid a stiff fine for trying to evade import duty and taxes when importing it to Canada from the United States. On Monday in court, Vladimir Hutsulak was fined $6,229. That's on top of the $30,600 he paid two years ago as a civil penalty at the border to get his car back.Canada Border Services spokeswoman Lisa White said Hutsulak drove to Emerson on Nov. 14, 2006, and told border guards that he had just paid $40,950, for the 2006 sports car.But White said while Hutsulak was inside paying $5,853 in duty and taxes, eagle-eyed border guards found the original bill of sale for $84,970 in an envelope on the back seat of the car.That prompted officials to significantly increase his penalty at the border and lay the charges."

yea guys not all that smart to just post it out in the open. As a club i don't think we should endorse or publicize this.that being said i should have some more hoosiers down there in about a week if anybody is going.

I'll be going Tues or Wensday, I have samples coming in next week to my PO box in Pembina.....Funny ademdum to the above Porsche story. I bought Porsche in Dallas and came back thru Pembina the evening of the 14th, 2006. The statements and actions of Canada Customs at the time seemed strange. Now that the story hit the paper it makes sense. They first questioned my bill of sale and when two Customs officers were searching the car one said "we know these cars are worth more than your bill of sale" and the second guy sort of laughed. Afterwards we went back in and they confired with the inside guy and he confirmed that he phoned the seller and the price was correct on the bill of sale. And off I went....

Is it necessary to notify Menkes of a shipment before they receive it?

Nope. Just make sure the shipper puts your name somewhere in the shipping address so they can retrieve it for you when you pick it up.

So I had some shocks sent to Menkes from ebay, and although I put my full name and phone no. on the shipping label, the UPS tracking info I was sent had just had my first name, no phone number. I emailed Menkes all my invoices to alert them (him?). I hope I don't have any problems. I kinda wish I had just ordered them from Canada and paid the extra $75.

You didn't need to send them any of your invoices.i never have my phone number on the boxes, just my name. and i don't even use my legal name, i just use JT. It's all good they just put it in a pile and you have to go look for it with them. they don't need any documentation, in fact it's probably a bit more frustrating. the only time i put my number on there is when i know there's no tracking number associated. and even then, i usually just send them a quick email and they will email me back when they see my name pop up.

haha well it's essentially a guy's garage and he just accepts things for you on your behalf. nothing fancy about the operation' date=' but simple works.[/quote']Those are my parts, and those too, and those wheels, uh yeah, I ordered those, umm, is that expensive? yeah it's mine. ;)I figured you'd have to confirm your identity.

I am planning on going down to Menke's Friday afternoon. If anyone wants stuff picked up I can get it for a small pick-up fee. Say $10.00 Get me your invoices before Friday noon.PM me for my e-mail address and or phone number if needed.

Archived