New TSD Rally series

917guy

The dates for our next TSD series:November 25January 20February 17These are all chosen to not conflict with Ice Racing in MB.Meet at 1 pm at Auto Haus, 660 Pembina on Saturday Nov.25. Bring proof of insurance and ownership. $5 per car; will meet for story-sharing and prizes afterward at a local Pizza place.RSVP 917guy@gmail.comDavid

Dave,Can you confirm 100% that the rally will start at AutoHaus on November 25th? I will be inviting the MINI Motoring Club to join in but will need to know 100% if this is the starting point prior to sending the invites.Would you like me to ask for RSVPs? Potentially we could get 20-25 MINIs out for the event.Also...if we get a good turn out for the rally can we park on Pembina Highway in front of Autohaus? I have a feeling they don't want a bunch of MINIs taking over their lot ;)

Auto Haus rallyThe rally will indeed start at AH. Sometimes there is lots of parking. If not, we would have to use McD or some other space nearby. I will check closer to the time. It largely depends on the stock of new and used vehicles they have on hand that weekend.I would like an RSVP. I have to make sure I have enough paperwork, and enough time to start all the cars.Thanks,David

• 2 weeks later...

Weather should be great. There is very little snow on the route, of course.By tomorrow, all the wet bits should be nice and dry. The sun and dusting of fresh snow should make even 'urban' wpg very pretty.If you have to do something else big in the afternoon, email us at 917guy@gmail.com and we may be able to make another arrangement.IF the south AutoHaus lot overflows, we will fill the north one, then start filling MacDonald's north of that.David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The next two events are indeed happening.The one this week will be put together by a guest rallymaster, who did one for the local mini group last summer. Vicki and I will be competitors instead, for our first time. I understand the basic time etc will be the same. Fewer questions, and about 70 to 90 minutes.Show up at AutoHaus at 1 pm, with a safe car or truck, proof on insurance and a driver's license, and $5. Bring a pen and clipboard. Having a cell phone clip board, and calculator might be of use.For those who have not been to these before, there are lots of door prizes and a couple for the best scoring teams.David

great day; great time!The weather was nearly perfect for this TSD Rally. It was warm enough to have a bit of wet road, and the sun lit up the salt on the windows. The glare made searching for landmarks a bit of a challenge. Otherwise a beautiful day! The event ran perfectly, with only a few tricks. Everyone finished eventually!It was our first time as entrants at one of these. We have been rallymasters for so long; it was great fun to enter one. We had 24 folks at the after-party, the most fun part of the day, visiting and sharing stories about thigns done right and not-so-right. Mark busily 'marked' the answer sheets. Jeff's team was most "on time" and Wayne had the most right answers. The other teams took home 'door' prizes, thanks to Mark and Bridget. It was fun to hear all the stories of missing a turn and stuff.Thanks again, Mark and Bridget!

I'm glad it all worked out so well and everybody had a good time. Congrats to Jeff, Joe and Curt, you guys did a fantastic job staying on course and on time, although you were lucky we were dropping your worst section ;) Over a course that should have taken 69 minutes, these guys were off perfect time by only 1 minute, 37 seconds.

I'm glad it all worked out so well and everybody had a good time. Congrats to Jeff' date=' Joe and Curt, you guys did a fantastic job staying on course and on time, although you were lucky we were dropping your worst section ;) Over a course that should have taken 69 minutes, these guys were off perfect time by only 1 minute, 37 seconds.[/quote']Thanks, i believe we were off by like 15-20 min in the one bad section :P Got a nice tour of Fort rouge out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived