2007 Calgary Formula/Sports Racer Feature weekend?

CRXsi

Some of you may or may not know me but I am the current Vice President of ARCA and I am trying to get some ideas together for next year. One of the main ideas I am working on is trying to create a "feature" weekend for the formula/open wheel guys. It seems like it has been a long time since Formula had a decent turn out (in Calgary at least) and many people here want to change that. Some of you may be familiar with the big "GT" weekend that we put on with prize money and nice BBQ. This is the kind of idea we are in the process of planning for the fenderless fanatics. Just to clarify we are talking about having this feature weekend to honour both open wheel/formula cars as well as sports racers. I am floating the bubble as I am curious how many of the racers from your region would be interested in making the journey to came play with us? What kind of things would you guys like to see in the weekend to make it worth your while? We already have 2 full days for each weekend of racing with LOTS of track time for all the groups (Formula/sports racers, Vintage and Closed wheel). We will likely have a sponsor with some prize money up for grabs (no significant amount, not sure how much yet, but every little bit helps). Right now we are leaning towards the July 7/8 weekend with the possibility of the Aug 11/12 weekend instead but it is still open. If there was enough interest the track could also be potentially rented for practice on Friday for an additional fee. So there you have it...if any one has any imput or suggestion let me know. If anyone wants to confirm they would make the trip let me know. The more support we have for a weekend of this type the bigger and better we can make it. Either PM me, email me through this website, reply to this post or check out www.wcma.ca and post on the forum. Cheers and happy bench racing over the winter months!

Archived