Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005

STi_Sue

The next Rally is scheduled for Saturday January 29th.
  • 1:00 PM at Auto Haus Porsche/VW, 660 Pembina Hwy.
  • Prizes, and party afterward at a restaurant.
  • $5 per 2-person entry; any insured, safe car or truck is invited.
  • Bring clipboard, working odometer, speedometer, pens, and a cell-phone if you have one.

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005Depends on the 'flavour of the day'... ;)Do you get points per car or per entrants in veh? If it's nice outside and mother nature hasn't dumped a pile of snow on the ground, probably my car, if not the truck (the silver 'thang' has to wait till summer). I'll ask Dave who he would like to drive with, and I'll have to look up some rules and such... :DKristina

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005I believe that the points are per entrant, and that you could show up in a different car every time and it wouldn't matter.I thought it might be funny to have a guys vs. girls thing going... I don't know how you and Dave would be as a team, but Jim stresses me out majorly on these things! ;)Looking forward to seeing you guys!Sue :)

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005Ahhh you see there's the problem. There is no way I could run with my wife sitting next to me, As good as she is with maps and figures and a strong stomach, there's just no way!! We would fight from the time we start to the time we finish, hell knowing my wife we'd probably still be fighting on the ride back home. Maybe the guys and the girls in seperate vehicle would make for a less stressfull day :DOMG I hope my wife doesn't read this :grin:

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005After finally getting a chance to talk to hubby dear, we haven't really made a decision... ;) The two of us still generally make a pretty good team. He's good at driving, and I'm usually good at maps and such... :grin:If the boys team up, the only problem may be, that Dave has to drive... ::)With me, it doesn't so much matter. Since it's not a race type of event, I may even do well with driving... :oAnyhow, I think, we can decide once we get there. We are pretty open to anything (even though hubby & I still like spending time together :lol: )

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005where is this happening? i'd loooove to get out and drive the car in winter and have a bit of fun, but can't risk hurting my baby. just wondering what it all entails...--JTps gotta find a co-driver to freak out :P

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005

where is this happening? i'd loooove to get out and drive the car in winter and have a bit of fun' date=' but can't risk hurting my baby.  just wondering what it all entails...--JTps gotta find a co-driver to freak out :P[/quote']No worries JT, the only things that can hurt your car in this Rally are potholes and snowbanks... it's all run on city streets and/or paved roads in and about Winnipeg.Sue :)

Guest mixed_menace

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005Looks like Allan and I will be participating =D either in the RS or WRX.See you all there! This will be my first TSD.

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005No Allan, just show up for the event and you're in! Large participation numbers have never been an issue for these TSD Rallies, I think David may be a little surprised by the response this time around! ;)Sue :)

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005It's not really a spectator event, you'd never notice the cars entered because it's on open public roads at or below speed limits.  A TSD is more like a scavenger hunt with directions at least that's what I thought about the one I entered.

Guest mixed_menace

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005i had a wonderful time for my first time out! i didn't realize how much fun it was driving around and stuff hehe, congrats to all who entered and participated, it was nice to put some names to faces =DI enjoyed the prepped black RS! nice to meet you again.Can i get an email addy to somebody in the PCA? We had accidentally left our clipboard at boston pizza and am hoping a PCA member got it (BP said they didn't find anything).The clipboard was for car #4 (shaun and allan in the blue impreza RS)thanks again!!

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005Well, it was the 1st tsd rally for me and my wife, and we had a blast and are looking forward to the next one:), hopefully sonner then later....lol, now whenever we are driving around, shes looking for stuff that would make a good clue...lol. see you all at tyhe next one.Dan and heather Barry

Re: Winnipeg Rally January 29, 2005I agree with Danny,Dave and I had a blast (minus the 1 1/2 little spats ;) )!It was really great! It's pretty neat - what you can find when you are looking!Great job to David & Vicky!!! And many thanks for putting it on.We are also looking forward to the next one - and unless work comes in the way, we'll be there.Thanks again,Dave & Kristina Cummins#33 Accel Racing

• 8 months later...

Archived