Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeteL

2004 Road Race Schedule

Due to the fact that the G.E.C. did not include our club in the date selection process, we are left with the following dates. Remember that this is the last year of the GEC's lease with the RM of Gimli, so this is probably the last time we get shafted for dates.May 1-2 Race SchoolMay 29-30 Race 1June 19-20 Race 2Aug. 7-8 Race 3Aug 14-15 Race 4Oct. 2-3 Race 5 BrrrYes this is by far the worst schedule yet.Pete L

Re: 2004 Road Race Schedulewhen can we start signing up for the race school? who do we contact, how much and will it intefere with the auto-x school again?

Guest corey_dyck

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleThe autocross school will be held a bit later in the season this year. It will not conflict with the road school!

Re: 2004 Road Race Scheduleanyone planning on going to the road race school? I'm looking at doing some track events this year... hoping to expand my skills.  :) which reminds me, how bad is it to track with 120k wear on the suspension? it's still good, however it's getting a little old.

Guest djw

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleI was thinking about it. I could wear out my used R's for this, and buy shiney new R's for autox. ;D

Re: 2004 Road Race Schedulehmmm... hey sweet! I might actually have a car I can use in the road race school this year. Depending on the price, of course.

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleFor Race School info, contact the race director Scott at info@wscc.mb.ca. I don't want to post anyones email address with out permission.Pete

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleHey all,Two weekends in a row... ???. At least I can probably find a place to store the car for a few days between weekends......Pete, what exactly will be the situation NEXT year? Is that still up in the air?I know you probably don't want to broadcast all those politics across the 'net, but hey, you brought it up.....And Happy new year, man!

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleJon, Next year will be different but we will still have to make an effort to coexist with other user groups at the track. We usually discuss these things at the general meetings, but I realize you're out of town. Send me an email at info@wscc.mb.ca and I'll fill you in. Pete

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleHi Pete,Thanks for the reply.I understand there's been a lot of trouble with "the drag race guy", and scheduling conflicts with other clubs. Although, it would seem, with only the drag racers and motorcycle racers using GMP, the club would be able to get more evenly spaced races throughout the year!!I'm not complaining... I know the WSCC executive and all those concerned put forth an incredible effort, year after year, to put together great weekends, while still maintaining the relaxed club atomosphere that makes it so enjoyable.Best wishes to the entire Gould team, say hi to Al and Chris for me. See you in May!!!Regards,Jon Nelson

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleMKA also is a user of the facility - although kart race dates are parallel with sports cars and bikes. it's the drag racers that need the whole park to themselves... ::)

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleWhat's up?I just looked at http://www.vikingintraceway.com and under their schedule they list Sep 25/26, 2004 as their weekend.Did our final race date get bumped, or do they have it incorrect in their schedule?Wayne

Re: 2004 Road Race Schedulehmmmm I just talked to the fabled Mr. Kanski, he seems very sure that sept 25-26 is actually the drag racers' weekendso... does anyone know when our last weekend is?

Re: 2004 Road Race ScheduleI just received word from "the landlord" that we are now scheduled for October 2-3. Sorry for the inconvenience.Pete L