2006 Road Race Schedule-Gimli

FV#7

2006 Events: May 6-7 High Performance Driving Experience-school June 3-4 1st race event weekend :grin: July 8-9 2nd race event weekend :grin: Aug 12-13 3rd race event weekend :grin: August 26-27 4th race event weekend :grin: Sept 16-17 5th and final event weekend :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 2006 Road Race Schedule-GimliI plan on going to the school once again for the 3rd or 4th time. :) just can't pass up the cheap seat time. :)as well I hope the hot laps are more organized this year, I was told everything was straightened out, (thanks Doug!) but wasn't able to attend any other hotlaps since then.I'll be out to marshal as much as I can. unfortunately my Sundays are usually family brunches and such ( bringing out the excuses now! ::) )Jeremy

Re: 2006 Road Race Schedule-Gimlihrmmm... replacing pads this spring ... what a perfect opportunity to destroy my current ones :)I was just in for a service and was told my pads are 12mm front and 15mm rear... I don't have a clue what that means.. I don't even know what they were new..enough for Gimli?

Re: 2006 Road Race Schedule-Gimli

hrmmm... replacing pads this spring ... what a perfect opportunity to destroy my current ones  :)I was just in for a service and was told my pads are 12mm front and 15mm rear... I don't have a clue what that means.. I don't even know what they were new..enough for Gimli?

Your tires will take a much bigger beating than your pads will. I'd be worried about those in particular... far more expensive to replace. 12mm and 15mm is plenty of brake-pad meat for a few hot-laps.

Re: 2006 Road Race Schedule-GimliI hope to do pads as well. One thing I learned though this summer, you may want to change the fluid as well. I am pretty sure I boiled mine this summer doing laps and my brakes just went to mush. About 30 minutes later they were fine-ish. Maybe we can setup an autox marshalling day/weekend and give some of the other regular marshalls a break (if they want one that is). The one time I made it out last year was more fun than I had anticipated it would be. Thoughts?

Re: 2006 Road Race Schedule-GimliYour choices of which weekends you marshall may have to take into consideration two unfortunate conflicts:Race 3, Aug.12-13 is the same weekend as our Evolution school.Race 5, Sept. 16-17 is the same weekend as our WCMA Regional event.Just thought I should point that out. :-/Sue :)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: 2006 Road Race Schedule-GimliWoo hooo!! I just read this thread and I am giddy as a school girl.Looking forward to a great season at Gimli. Its looking like Calgary may not be an option this year >:( ???. Calgary is a large and very nice track that may lay dormant from racing for the year. This is very unfortunate for our fellow racers in Calgary as well as the WCMA. I am very thankful that the town of Gimli is working with us. Hopefully some of the folks from Calgary make it out to Gimli this year.JasonPS, Great news from all of you who are considering marshalling this year!

Archived