2005 Membership + Magnetic Numbers

evolv

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic NumbersSounds good to me Dave. I need to figure out how we worked the deal last year, ask Chris how he wants to approach it since he's managing the list, and finalize who the sponsors are before we can get new ones printed anyway. ;)Sue :)

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic Numbers

Sounds good' date=' when and where is the meeting?[/quote']Ack! I was going to add a final line to my message saying "And don't ask me when the meeting is!", but I didn't. ;)lol! The meeting won't be until later in January or February, I haven't decided yet. I'm focusing on events/dates right now, then we'll worry about the smaller details. :grin:I will post the date, time, and location on the forum once I know.Merry Christmas!Sue :)

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic NumbersJust as a side note: I did not attend the first meeting of the season for 2004 so I wasn't sure when it was. I asked Corey and he couldn't remember. ;) I asked Jim to look in his appointment thingy and he said it was April 4th. Was there some merit to waiting until the Ice season is finished?Sue :)

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic NumbersI think last year the people that had the number the previous year had first dibs.  Even if that doesn't happen I'm pretty sure I'll still get mine since no likes to go first.I might get mine custom made this year so my number won't need to be reordered whenever that happens.

I presume that the ppl who have thier numbers already can keep them for this year?

It was my impression when I got my number panels that the number would remain mine, with only minor changes to the panels to update sponsors each year; so yes, I think that's the way it was meant to work. In most cases this should be fine, but it may be a problem if there is more than one person wanting a specific number...Sue :)

we had meetings before that to discuss autox.  we met a few times at Pony Corral downtown.  or is that not the meeting you're thinking of?

It was the Pony Corral meeting that I was thinking of. I was only there for a meeting once in 2003, so I'm not sure what the 'normal' schedule is. It doesn't really matter though, since it may all be different this year anyway, judging by demand. :grin:Sue :)

if i purchased a membership midway through the autox season do i have to renew it now again or midway through the next autox season?

Sorry Ryan' date=' but the WSCC membership is for a calendar year and needs to be renewed January 1st. On the plus side, you'll save money on [i']every autocross event that you attend in 2005.Sue :)

• 1 month later...

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic Numbersok so me and carlin are family...can we get a family membership? :Pis there a way to choose your numbers or is it people last year get to keep if they'd like and newbies pick up the slack?--JT

Only if it's a conjugal relationship.  :oJust kidding' date=' I don't know.[/quote']that's disgusting corey :pso the only family memberships are for those who practice incest. that's just not right!i'm gonna guess we gotta get our own..although it really doesn't say anything thing against it that i read. just ussually the parent signs up..."hey dad, wanna get a membership? i'll let you drive my car at some races..." haha which he totally would do....*ponders*... probably does't apply to adults though. me and carlin acting like children doesn't count i guess.. here's hoping--JT

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic NumbersA family membership is $60. All children over 16 who want to compete at an event must have their own membership. The spouses can compete under just one membership. The main benefit is free admission for the family to Gimli Motorsport Park. There are a few couples in the club that have both competed at events.Doug

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic NumbersDoug and Sue - if the club would like anyone to help with creating some nicer looking magnets and pricing - I'd be glad to offer it. Promise, no delays either ;)What you guys paid for last year compared to the quality was just brutal (to me anyway). I am sure it was a value.. but.. but...I don't mean to circumvent the club, but if anyone is going this route on their own (silly considering the club gets a deal on quantity), I'd be glad to help also.Bill.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: 2005 Membership + Magnetic NumbersHey John, that's great! :)You can write to our membership director at membership@wscc.mb.ca if you have any questions, as I'm not sure what his turnaround time is. Spencer is fairly busy working on WOW stuff right now too.As for the newsletter, the format has changed to a bimonthly schedule, with the next one coming out in April. I will email you the link for the previous issue.Sue :)

Archived