Nice meeting a WSCC Member

JoeT

This past weekend was the SPDA Autocross School, and one of your members decided to come down to fill her lungs with our pollluted air.On behalf of the SPDA, we'd like to thank you in your participation to the SPDA School and would welcome any WSCC member as part of our extended family (even if you don't drive a Subaru).An event report is available online at the SPDA home page: http://www.spda-online.caAutocross is an ever growing sport here in Southern Ontario with events occuring every weekend beginning in April and goes through the winter. It's an excellent way to meet new friends from all corners of the country, and I think we've made at least one (friend) in WPG.This summer SPDA will be reciprocting by attending the national in Red Deer, and maybe some of us will take a road trip out there to have som fun.Once again, thanks to Sue and WSCC.Have a great day, great Season!Pro Solo is coming up on May 23.. You've never felt an adrenaline rush like this one.Muahahahaha..http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/prosolo0102.htmlVideo Sample: My car when it was stock: http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/prosolo0102-elim-joe-vs-neil.wmv

Re: Nice meeting a WSCC MemberThank you Joe (and Ivano, and Tony, and Don, and...) for making me feel so welcome. :)For anyone interested in making the trip, I would highly recommend the SPDA School experience. Think of the High Performance Driving Experience the WSCC holds in Gimli for Road Racing, and then apply that to Autocross. This was a two-day school, with basic car handling techniques taking up most of the first day and then the Sunday was spent honing those skills on an Autocross course.The SPDA runs their school at cost, basically putting in a whole ton of volunteer time for the sake of encouraging more people to join Autocross, or to at least learn to drive their cars better. This was the most seat time you could imagine all for the price of $60! (Non-members paid $85, but were then given a 2005 SPDA membership at the end of the weekend.)I learned a lot. For myself as a driver, and also as an organizer. A few words of warning however: it has been a long time since Joe's car has been anything anywhere near a "stock" family sedan, and the SPDA group is so friendly and funny that your cheeks will hurt from laughing at the end of the weekend. :grin:Thanks again for having me. And a big thank you especially to Kyle, who shared his STi with me for the whole weekend. We welcome any and all SPDA members to join us for Autocross in Winnipeg, anytime.Sue :)

Re: Nice meeting a WSCC MemberSue did a great job at the school. I would have put my vote in for her to get one of the spots on our solo team if she had lived here.We appreciate the fact that she thought enough of us to fly to Toronto for the school and that she benefited.We have a long way to go to make this the school that I want but I think for our second year we didn't do too shabby.I look forward to stopping by winnipeg on my to or from the NationalsTony kloostermanco-founder SPDA

Re: Nice meeting a WSCC Member

So... does this mean I won't be able to beat you with your own car this year Sue?  ;)
Funny how the male ego works... Sure' date=' if you want to remember the times in raw scores, but I seem to remember you hitting [i']at least one cone on that run. :P :grin:Sue :)

Archived