April 24

Re: April 24I liked the way the track turned out, I didn't even mind the pivot cone.  Except for my 3rd run I felt a bit smoother than last year although Mike beating me with my car by a second shows I've still got lots of work to do.Posted ImageWhat happened Kerry?  [smiley=23.gif]I've uploaded a couple videos and pictures. They'll be up when Chris (Apex) has time.

Re: April 24nice seeing you guys(and girl) again! it was much fun. loved the course, but next time more straights please ;)i was expecting to hit alot of cones on my front left side because i'm not used to driving on the other side but i didn't. this car is going to take awhile to learn that's for sureedit: if anyone has any pics of me driving from today can you please send them or post them somewhere? thx!

Re: April 24Cordless drill to save time spinning on/off lug nuts - $79.99Cross threading a lug nut and munging two studs with said 'time saving' device - [smiley=banghead.gif] Set of fine needle files from Canadian Tire - $17.994 spare POS lug nuts from WalMart - $6.9620 minutes of work repairing stud threads - [smiley=bash.gif]Saving the day and still getting in 4 official runs - Priceless. :rockon:Didn't have one clean run, but it was better than writing off the day and going home. Thanks for letting me run with the odds to catch up.

Re: April 24

Didn't have one clean run' date=' but it was better than writing off the day and going home. Thanks for letting me run with the odds to catch up. [/quote']No problemo, Jason...just glad you were able to salvage the day!I loved the track setup, today! Once again, kudos to those who took the time on Saturday to set it all up. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Bastard! Just wait until I get the hang of my car again - you're going to have that title soon.And for the record' date=' Dan is the slowest.[/quote']Posted ImageHaha, Steve you are my hero. And Kerry, I guess the sting of losing is clouding your brain, but you have to understand that 75.9 is faster than 76.2, not slower. [smiley=19.gif] :grin:

Re: April 24Loads of fun today. :grin: I got quicker with each run, but I ate more cones on each run. [cone] Fog lights took a real beating. :D Car is running pretty good this year, but I have plenty to learn. Thanks Eric for the pointers and the wild ride. Two wheelin' is loads of fun! :grin: Lots of bimmers representing this year. Good to see.Now we gotta wait a whole week. Not too long though. Looking forward to seeing some pics up.Nik

Re: April 24Just wanted to thank everyone for making me feel welcome up there. I had a blast!! I can't believe I actually got 5 runs in! Anyways, took quite a few pics, which I will post up eventually, but here's two of them.... (Corey, thanks for the ride :grin: )Posted ImagePosted Image

Re: April 24I got tired of getting hammered by my stiff shocks so I set them full soft the night before auto-x, thinking they wouldn't be THAT soft-I was so wrong...my car pogo'd all over. And the car ran very bad and I suspected the carbs. I just finished cleaning both carbs (12:55 am!!!)and it turns out that corrosion inside one carb let go and clogged some jets-maybe fuel stabilizer in the tank for the winter would be a good idea? Anyways, it felt great to be autocrossing again except, as usual, I hated the first and last 100 feet of the course :(

Re: April 24aw man sure wish i could have been there...stupid exams!!anyways hopefully i make it out this next sunday, i'll at least come out to watch. how the heck was he getting the side of the M3 up in the air? never saw that last year...new tires or what?--JT

no one takes pictures of the slow green wagon...  >:(

Are you an odd number?  Unless other people send their pictures to Chirs most of the pictures this year will be of the even run group.  The pictures I took yesterday weren't very good so it's not a big loss. ;)

I tried to run out of order to get everyone but that didn't work. Guess I'll go back to running both groups.
That's okay' date=' I was just excited to see my new rims in action. ;) The dark gunmetal powdercoat really changed the car's expression when compared to the steelies with silver hubcaps that I ran with last year. :grin:[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/mudslide/DSC04635.jpgPosted Image

Re: April 24My pictures and video are up. http://media.wpg-autox.org/2005media.shtmlFor the videos:MVI_0109 = Mike in my carMVI_0113 = Matt in his MustangMVI_0114 = Mark in his 911MVI_0121 = Chris in his Spec VMVI_0124 = Gord in his S2000MVI_0144 = Dustin in his CelicaMVI_0145 = Dustin in his CelicaMVI_0147 = Eric in his M3

Re: April 24Wow, I can't wait for the rest of the photos!Thanks to all the usual people who helped with set up and tear down and all the in between work that kept things running smoothly. We had an incredible 59 entrants, compared to 43 for our first event last year. The season is off to a great start!Thanks Eric for sharing your air with me, but you won't have to haul the tank up from ND with you next time since the air compressor will be staying on site from now on. woohoo, line up forms at the bathroom...Hey, as autocross director, can I scrap my first run and use my fun run towards my fourth run? please?... :grin:Sue  :)

Re: April 24The results will be updated shortly. We have completely changed how they are displayed, and we are now holding everything in the database, so it's all dynamic.After this event, most of the process is automated and we can have the results/points pages updated as soon as Chris uploads the data file.I will have the results page done shortly, but the points page will take a couple of days.

Re: April 24Holy cow! Top 3 of the non-members! 8) Tires surely made a huge difference. :grin: I think I was able to beat a couple of those in my DSP class even if I have only 5 out of 15 Prep points. 8)Who here is in DSP?Edit: After hunting around and looking at scores... forget what I just said. :P Maybe I'll fill up my allowed prep points so I'm not so overwhelmed. 8)

Archived