"Test Day" Saturday May 21

As mentioned in the May 1 reschedule poll, Saturday the 21st will remain as a Test/Practise Day.Test days are not included in the season pass. Cost will be $30 and registration will be online as per usual procedure.This will be a closed event, available for up to 25 participants and no spectators. Gates will be open at 9am. If you can't make it until later you will have to phone me on my cell to come and unlock the gate.I would like to have the scales available at the event, does anyone know where they are? Also, we are open to some ideas regarding the format. The one test day last year was really just an autocross run over and over. Please post preferences if you would rather see it broken into sections e.g. a huge slalom running to the North/South, and something else over on the East end. Note that this can easily be adjusted throughout the day.Note: One thing I forgot to mention..."Mike the hot dog guy" won't be there on Saturday. Anyone coming to the test day will have to make their own arrangements for lunch. I assume the atmosphere will be more laid back, so it won't be a problem to shut down and make a lunch run at some point if you don't feel like packing one.Fingers crossed for good weather...  :grin:Sue  :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: "Test Day" Saturday May 21huge slalom would be a plus. I don't think fast straights are necessary as no skill is involved when accelerating in a straight line.  :Psomething that will make you really look ahead like off center radius turns or something would be good.

Re: "Test Day" Saturday May 21

3 separate stations.- Slalom- Figure 8- CircleWill there be timing equipment?

Good ideas Art!Once a course is set up later we could "unofficially" track the times... :grin:Sue :)

Re: "Test Day" Saturday May 21remember two years ago when we did a test day. it was awesome. we made two seperate short tracks and did so many runs i was worried about wrecking my r's.

Would a really bad-driving rookie like me benefit from something like this?  Or should I just wait for the auto-x school?

DO IT!! Are you kidding? DO IT!! Dammit, if I'm not able to play.. you're gonna catch me now :(

Do you guys recommend running on R compounds for these test days???

That's up to you. You can save the tire wear for days were time matters for points or get more seat time on the tires you'll be using.Rs up front and Azenis out back for me on the test day. :)

Do you guys recommend running on R compounds for these test days???

I'll be running my R's to get use to them, find the right pressures etc. if I wear them out, np I didn't pay for them :grin:

if i'm not working i'll come out and help.  don't know if i'll drive though as it'd have to be other peoples cars.

You have to drive my car again, remember Mike? ;) The timing system had a hiccup when you took it out for that run last year. :grin:Sue :)

hmmmm....Sue' date=' if you are letting people drive your car you can put my name on the list.[/quote']lol ! I don't know Carlin, you may be a little too wild for me to feel comfortable with that! :o We'll see. :grin:Sue :)

yeah' date=' Sue I need to find out if its the driver or the car that's beating me ;)[/quote']This could get interesting, musical cars... Can I try your BMW then? :grin: You're just being polite Jeremy, you've been beating me since you got those Rs. :P
I just signed up..well on the waiting list.Sue: Can you PM me your cell #. I will not be able to make it for 9:00 so I will have to call you to let me in at the gates!
Sure thing Phil, done.

Archived