2006 Season Vehicles and Mods

niks325i

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: 2006 Season Vehicles and ModsI think i'll still be drivin my Elantra but I hope to be getting new wheels and tires more than likely 16's rather than the 15's that are stock and i am still taking about upgrading the frnt anti-swaybar and even get a voltage stablizer :grin: but I would still like to drive the gtr but berzerkled will not let me :-/ lol I'll ask even tho there is not a change in hell that it'll ever happen. But I guess I'd have to settle for riding on the wrong side of the car lol.

Re: 2006 Season Vehicles and Modsyeah I have done that back but my car still rolls a lot I know I should also get new suspension that'll prevent the body roll a bit more especially if i stiffent it up a bit more, too but I would reather spend that extra $2000 on a car that I could use jsut for autox or new set of rims and rubber.

Re: 2006 Season Vehicles and Mods

yeah I have done that back but my car still rolls a lot I know I should also get new suspension that'll prevent the body roll a bit more especially if i stiffent it up a bit more' date=' too but I would reather spend that extra $2000 on a car that I could use jsut for autox or new set of rims and rubber.[/quote']i know someone selling an NX. :grin:

yeah I have done that back but my car still rolls a lot I know I should also get new suspension that'll prevent the body roll a bit more especially if i stiffent it up a bit more' date=' too but I would reather spend that extra $2000 on a car that I could use jsut for autox or new set of rims and rubber.[/quote']Good thinking, don't go down that slippery slope of modding a grocery getter, because you will only land up with an expensive grocery getter that nobody else is willing to buy from you.

Good thinking' date=' don't go down that slippery slope of modding a grocery getter, because you will only land up with an expensive grocery getter that nobody else is willing to buy from you.[/quote']It doesn't matter what you mod. Payback is virtually non-existant on most any car.

yeah I have done that back but my car still rolls a lot I know I should also get new suspension that'll prevent the body roll a bit more especially if i stiffent it up a bit more' date=' too but I would reather spend that extra $2000 on a car that I could use jsut for autox or new set of rims and rubber.[/quote']hmmm.. would a set of Eibach springs help? They aren't overly expensive. if you see yourself driving your car for a number of years, why not? :)

It doesn't matter what you mod. Payback is virtually non-existant on most any car.

True, but why spend a bunch of money and time making a Chevette handle like a Corvette when you could have the Corvette for similar money AND have a car that is worth something when you want to sell it? I had a Z-24 that was fast and handled great, but when it came time to sell, it was still just a Cavalier. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but if that's what floats your boat-go for it.

hmmm.. would a set of Eibach springs help?  They aren't overly expensive.  if you see yourself driving your car for a number of years' date=' why not? :)[/quote']The springs Eibach sells over the counter (Pro Kit, I think the other is called sportline?) Really aren't any good for any motorsports. The most it will do is lower the car to give you a more desirable camber angle. If you go with eibach springs, get really good shocks and some beefy sway bars.

Re: 2006 Season Vehicles and Mods1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0Lcurrent mods: subframe connectors, dynomax mufflers, hurst shifterupcoming in 2006: rebuilt trak-lok, 3.73's, upper and lower control arms, front strut bar, "cobra" brake calipers, steel brake lines

1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0Lcurrent mods: subframe connectors' date=' dynomax mufflers, hurst shifterupcoming in 2006: rebuilt trak-lok, 3.73's, upper and lower control arms, front strut bar, "cobra" brake calipers, steel brake lines[/quote']hmm that'll be 1 fun fox....you still owe that ride ;)I got a set of cheap MM C/C plates if you want em... get some neg camber in it!

1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0Lcurrent mods: subframe connectors' date=' dynomax mufflers, hurst shifterupcoming in 2006: rebuilt trak-lok, 3.73's, upper and lower control arms, front strut bar, "cobra" brake calipers, steel brake lines[/quote']How about dampers? :)

Re: 2006 Season Vehicles and ModsGot a new engine for the old MR2.  A few more horses should help...  Also planning on running R's this year with either the stock 14's or some 13x7/8's.  (Corey, thoughts?)   I also bought some camber plates to install sometime soon. Here's a pic of the new engine (ae92 MAP 4AGZE)  :grin:Posted Image  BTW, the pic is of the engine during install. It is much cleaner now and is running fairly strong!

Also planning on running R's this year with either the stock 14's or some 13x7/8's. (Corey' date=' thoughts?)[/quote'] I think the CSP MR-2 guys are running wide 13" wheels, not sure though.  They transformed my Miata! :DI know the Miata guys with more than 150 hp at the wheels go to bigger diameters/wider tires.  (not sure exactly about that 150 hp #, but big power = big wheels)

Re: 2006 Season Vehicles and ModsI'll be running my 95 integra again in DSP.PAST MODS (full list on www.extremecompacts.ca, but here's the gist of it):-stock B18B1 block & head-custom turbo kit (258whp / 226wft-lbs)-quaife LSD-eibach pro kit springs-KYB AGX dampers-neuspeed front tower bar-185/60 14" yoko A008R SII on 1gen teg wheelsFOR 2006:-225/50 Hoosier A3S04s-14x7 panasports-Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kitedit: -and a Suspension Techniques 19mm rear sway kitby my calculation, i have 14 points in DSP. This is including 2pts for an aftermarket exh mani, AND 4pts for adding a turbo, which requires changing the manifold. what do you guys think? is that extra 2 points for the mani required, or is it already included in the 4 turbo points?

OOOOOOOH.  lol  All that time I could not figure out how you were putting the power down so well :)

heh, yeah without that i'd just be leaving black streaks around the whole course - one at a time.

My wife had to remind me that presently we have 4 cars (RX7 missing from shot).She is pretty dirty at the moment though.. That's what fun is.

OMG. The only thing that ran through my mind:Posted Image [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=16.gif] [smiley=runaway.gif]

Archived