Studded tire bolt pattern

Mike

I’m looking for feedback from members who have experience with building or running bolted tires in the past with regards to the bolt pattern.  
Our tire plan is to use 50 bolts per tire, and the tires shaved have a circumference of 69” and flat tread width if 5”. At first we were thinking a simple zigzag pattern however it was noted by one of of our expert ice racers that our pattern only had 3 “lines” of bolts. Attached is a picture of our revised bolt pattern. (Pattern is repeated 5 times per tire).

Let me know if you think this is an appropriate pattern or if there are other optimal options...in the end we want to ensure everyone is using the exact same tire and design
so we want the tire to please everyone (shouldn’t be tough should it? Lol)

DC8D6FE1-977E-4CC5-A967-E4A242791305.thumb.jpeg.97c02aa5943146568b02011fa69ff0f1.jpeg

Looks excellent Mike.  As long as they don't line up in the same groove within the footprint.  Might want to measure the footprint lengthwise of a loaded tire on a car just to make sure but I think having all the lines pretty well eliminates that possibility.  I gather your 2.3 inch spacing gives you the nine per foot you were after.  Maybe before you drill lay out a 69 inch strip and try it with a foot long ruler to make sure there's no place it will exceed the spec.

Scott

Thanks Scott. Once I plot it out on a full tire template I’ll double check it. At a high level a 69” tire with 9 per foot allows for 51.75 bolts so I’m hoping our plan with 50 works okay. In the end, this will be our spec tire and each one will be the same for everybodY. :D

The thing we noticed about the black rockets is the varying differ locations of the tread blocks, and that is we what we tried to copy to the proposed bolt pattern with 9 different line locations of bolts.