Date for 2021 HPDE / Licensing School confirmed!

After COVID19 ruined our plans for a High Speed Driving Experience and Licensing School in May 2020, we are optimistically planning for a great 2021 season. Knowing how much people are looking forward to this event, we set the date for May 1st and 2nd of 2021. Expect to see some minor changes to the layout of the event, yet it will be again a highly anticipated weekend for participants and volunteers alike!

Watch motorsportreg.com after New Year for the opportunity to sign up. The HPDE / Licensing School traditionally has sold out rather quickly.in the past few years - signing up early helps to attain one of those coveted spots in the event!

Please stay tuned for more information! Meanwhile, let all your friends and acquaintances know that very soon it is time to get enrolled!

Edited by donrolandofurioso
  • Like 4

I will be there to help out in any way, as always.

Question. 

I still have some drivers interested who have been on the fence for quite some time.

Will we be going back to Instructors driving student cars, or will we continue the "lead/follow" methods used this year? This is very important to some people, and is the only thing holding them back from joining up and getting into Time Attack.

• 3 months later...

I didn't see a spot for volunteers for that event. Would love to help out anywhere you might need me.

I assisted Hank Marcoux with an HPDE back in the 1980s and hopped from car to car to help students learn the line, so you can put me anywhere, from corners to cones to inside student cars (if allowed.)

I have to disclose that my driving days are behind me though, and 35 years of rust doesn't come off quickly. (Plus, as hard as I struggled, I could never master heel-and-toe in my 320i, so slushboxes are now my speed.)

But, as we found out this summer, I am still pretty quick with the corner flags, and station two seemed to have become my de facto home for the summer. Fell in love with the sport and the people all over again!

On 2/25/2021 at 4:57 PM, Have Gun Will Travel said:

I didn't see a spot for volunteers for that event. Would love to help out anywhere you might need me.

I assisted Hank Marcoux with an HPDE back in the 1980s and hopped from car to car to help students learn the line, so you can put me anywhere, from corners to cones to inside student cars (if allowed.)

I have to disclose that my driving days are behind me though, and 35 years of rust doesn't come off quickly. (Plus, as hard as I struggled, I could never master heel-and-toe in my 320i, so slushboxes are now my speed.)

But, as we found out this summer, I am still pretty quick with the corner flags, and station two seemed to have become my de facto home for the summer. Fell in love with the sport and the people all over again!

Hey Dave. Glad to see you're interested in helping out with this, it is actually one of my favorite events to volunteer for. I'll talk to Darin and post up a couple of weeks before the event to try and get an idea of how many volunteers will come out. It is nice to have a at least a few bodies at every  section of the training as well as the usual stations once the track goes hot. I know the slalom is usually a busy place to reset cones that can get moved around on the first morning.

Dason

6 hours ago, Rare Snake said:

Hey Dave. Glad to see you're interested in helping out with this, it is actually one of my favorite events to volunteer for. I'll talk to Darin and post up a couple of weeks before the event to try and get an idea of how many volunteers will come out. It is nice to have a at least a few bodies at every  section of the training as well as the usual stations once the track goes hot. I know the slalom is usually a busy place to reset cones that can get moved around on the first morning.

Dason

I'll set up a volunteer registration page on MSR in the next week or so.

Cheers, Darin

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...