Road Race Poll

If WSCC were to run Road Race on July 18 & 19, 2020, would you register and attend?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If WSCC were to run Road Race on July 18 & 19, 2020, would you register and attend?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/2020 at 04:59 AM

Hi everybody

Personally I need to know how many of the nine yes's are road racers.

It will cost me at least $1300 to race in July and I already have a lic and new belts. I bought my lic and belts in Feb.....doh!

Could we have 3 poles ? RR TA and Hotlaps

I do not want to show up to race and only see 2 or 3 other road racers.  It's not worth it if thats the case.

Is this for points and ultimately trophies (provided we have at least 3 events)?

Thanks

Derrrick

Edited by coach

I would be YES for Time Attack, but my licence has been expired a number of years, so believe i need to take the HPDE school, or if possible, get signed off with an instructor Friday or Saturday. 

4 hours ago, JT_TT said:

I would be YES for Time Attack, but my licence has been expired a number of years, so believe i need to take the HPDE school, or if possible, get signed off with an instructor Friday or Saturday. 

Same boat as JT. What is the process for those of us that have done lapping and the HPDE years ago and want to do TA or lapping? 

3 minutes ago, justkickin said:

Same boat as JT. What is the process for those of us that have done lapping and the HPDE years ago and want to do TA or lapping? 

4 hours ago, JT_TT said:

Depends on how long ago you took the school. Things have changed a bunch in the past years and will change a bunch again in 2021.

9 hours ago, nopistons said:

Depends on how long ago you took the school. Things have changed a bunch in the past years and will change a bunch again in 2021.

Plan was to do the school this year, but alas. Last time i had my ASN licence was back in 2007-2008 when I was the SoloSprint director. I have since taken a VW Driving Academy HPDE, and Formula Renard, driving courses at Kyalami, which both included in-class, and instructor led training on the full road course and wet skid pad. Still doesn't mean much for a local licence, but would be willing to do any required reading, zoom meeting, and/or other requirements deemed necessary.

With the lack of enthusiasm shown here I can't say I am not disappointed. Last time saw this, the club (not this one), folded up shortly after. beginning of the end. I am hoping this in not the case. It takes a lot of effort to host a race, the least we can do is attend and get things rolling again. I would like to see it posted on motorsportsreg so we know who is who TA or RR.

On 6/29/2020 at 4:39 PM, coach said:

Personally I need to know how many of the nine yes's are road racers.

Could we have 3 poles ? RR TA and Hotlaps

One hopes that TA people didn’t mistakenly vote here because there is a separate TA poll.

But no Hotlap poll because past experience has shown that there’s usually an abundance of people that sign up for it. 

Sorry, I can’t comment on your other questions. 

peace, David

1 hour ago, David Klassen said:

Could you please clarify and state what you can say?

VERY disappointed as with almost 200 members more haven't responded. I also believe there should not have been a poll, but should have been on motorsports reg and then it would have been clear as too who and what class people where coming.   

1. Road Racing is the least accessible discipline, requiring the highest skills, most specialized equipment and financial commitment. All other club activities are more accessible and less expensive, so I’m not surprised that only a small number of members participate in it.
  2. COVID-19 has impacted our society in many ways, so I’m not surprised that there might be reduced participation in Road Racing.
  3. The creation of a poll is much easier than creation of an event on MototSportsReg. A poll gauges level of intent to see if it’s worth creating an event. There are financial transactions that occur in event registration, and then more transactions if the event is cancelled due to low participation.

Replied "maybe'. Fresh engine just fired up today.  Would like to come for Friday hot laps to break in engine and testing before Vintage race in August (if there is one). If other vintage cars are racing and our car is running well, maybe we'll run. 

The poll results indicate we have enough racers and Time Attackers to at least break even financially.  We will need a lot of help with this small an amount of lead time.  At this time I am still looking for a Registrar which is a quite huge job the week before the race.  We will need some physical help on the Friday of the weekend to repair the 2 marshal station barriers that got damaged.  Let me  know if you can do some end  of day hands on at that on the Friday after the hot lapping is over..  

The event will be a few days appearing on MSR and the late registration date will be moved up a week closer to the race weekend.  Please get  your name in as soon as it opens up so I can stop worrying about the money issues.  If all the yeses from the poll and a few of the maybes come we'll be ok.  But if everybody comes that's even better.  We'll attract more racers and that would be a nice surprise and much more fun for everybody.

Thanks for your patience and I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Scott McDonald, Road Race Director.

PS to Dason:  Will you get out a shout to our wonderful crop of volunteers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3