New Trailer Stolen - any info appreciated

Hey - my new trailer’s been stolen. So after literally  years of deliberation and even some procrastination, I bought a new trailer for the race car in early April. It’s an all Aluminum BW Trail 18ft open flat deck. Bought it new, towed it to my Dads place in Hillside Beach, and there it sat locked up, anxiously awaiting the green light to the 2020 season.

Apparently, during the night of Friday 15 May, some dirtbag asspipe with no soul decided they would take it. 

The RCMP have been notified, MPI is sending letters to tow truck operators and garages in the area but they hold little hope of recovery. It was insured but it’s not a matter of insurance more than the moral vacancy prevalent in society in this time of national crisis. 
if anyone reading this can keep an eye open for my trailer, please notify me here or the RCMP directly. The only good thing is that the season will have a delayed start and I hope to have my new trailer for the first event, whenever that may be.

matt

D24FE866-83A4-4164-9AE0-20488B66C1A3.jpeg

• Sad 3

Son of a B....

That really sucks. I will never understand how some people feel that they should just take and have what other people bought with money earned through many hours of hard work:angry:

Let us just hope that this scumbag thief is greedy enough to try to sell it; then it should surface again. I will keep my eyes open!

Edited by donrolandofurioso
  • Thanks 1

The last one I knew go missing like this got roller painted a different color and was registered as a homemade... was years later recovered by RCMP in sask. 

looks like a awesome aluminum deck, I’m sorry you have to deal with that bs.  

• Thanks 1

@MRS Joe That’s more than Likely what’s happening - we went through the area over the weekend and looked at the areas that would make sense. The hitch/ball lock wasn’t anywhere around, so I assume they pushed it out by hand, rested the locked tongue on the towing vehicle and pulled it with the chains until they got clear and then cut the lock off. 
it’s probably already a cheap coat of black and long gone. What goes around, comes around.

Had one stolen, got paid out by MPIC (with a fight), it actually drove onto my lot about a year later with nothing changed other than all my id tags cut off, cops were called, MPIC contacted by the cops & elected to do NOTHING, cops let her drive it away. Go figure!

Long term storage idea, remove all the wheels and store separately.

• Confused 1

Yeah, and to add insult to injury, I was questioned by special investigations after the loss was reported. I did call the investigator back after the day with the police and gave him a little piece sunshine for him to think about for the rest of his day. 

Sometimes dealing with a monopoly outfit can be very frustrating so Matt, have patience.

@Jim Eh. That’s actually ludicrous. Autopac told me to wait a month and if nothing, then they will cover the loss...less my deductible of course, because it’s my fault some morally bankrupt sub-human multi-celled organism stole my new, never used trailer that was Locked up and insured on private property. 
don’t get me started on autopac. I love Manitoba, in fact I am a 5th generation Manitoban, with my great grandparents coming here in the 1880’s, but if there was 1 reason to leave it, MPIC would be that reason...unfortunately every other province has a similar deficiency. So I will stay...plus I can’t race for cheaper anywhere else in Canada :D

Edited by mcorrie
  • Like 1

Just now, mcorrie said:

@Jim Eh. That’s actually ludicrous. Autopac told me to wait a month and if nothing, then they will cover the loss...less my deductible of course, because it’s my fault some morally bankrupt sub-human multi-celled organism stole my new, never used trailer that was Locked up and insured on private property. 
don’t get me started on autopac. I love Manitoba, in fact I am a 5th generation Manitoban, with my great grandparents coming here in the 1880’s, but if there was 1 reason to leave it, MPIC would be that reason...unfortunately every other province has a similar deficiency. So I will stay...plus I can’t race for cheaper anywhere else in Canada :D

Edited by mcorrie

Keep an eye out on social media sale sites and if you have time, take a drive out to places frequented by offroaders. Of course you would have to have a special marking done to you trailer that nobody else has as a positive identifier. (hint)