So Covid-19... social distancing...etc etc etc.

But does it all mean that a WSCC spring drive is out of the question as well? Obviously we'd all be in our own cars for the drive. Plus, several other groups around town have had their own cruises.

Since racing season is postponed, surely there are some of you itching to take your cars for a spin. Why couldn't we organize a drive?

(hopefully nobody bites my head off for even asking...)

• Like 4

I'd be all in for a Spring Drive. Social distancing wouldn't be a problem during a drive, special care would need to be taken at any rallying points.

Technically, any gathering of over 10 people would be against the current health measures . . . but then, nobody seemed to get into trouble at the May 9 Anti-lockdown rally of 70 people, evidently organized as groups of 10 people, with 1 meter spacing between groups.

We could have groups of less than 10 people gathering at various rally points and join up for the drive.

peace, David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

What if we shoot for this Sunday, May 31st?

I didn't attend the past fall drive, but that route seemed to be pretty popular. Is that something we could do again? Is crossing into Ontario still open? Or are provincial borders still closed/risky?

First race weekend of the year...how about the next weekend! Maybe see if something in Kenora has an open patio for lunch/dinner if our group is small enough. 

You can go 50 miles into Ontario without having to quarantine from what I have heard. 

Timbo ...

Current State of Emergency and Public Health Orders

The Manitoba government declared a province-wide state of emergency under The Emergency Measures Act on March 20, 2020, to protect the health and safety of all Manitobans and reduce the spread of COVID-19. This order was extended on April 20th and May 17th, 2020.

The chief provincial public health officer issued new public health orders on April 30, 2020. The new orders will extend the mandate that anyone entering Manitoba, regardless of whether it was from another country or another province must self-isolate for 14 days until such time as the orders are terminated by the chief provincial public health officer.

Not trying to tell you what to do but if you run across some eager beaver of an RCMP, they will probably cite you and especially if there is a group travelling together. Racing is expensive enough without a 480.00$ ticket to pay.

There is no 50 K limit as far as I know but rather if you have a cabin in NW Ontairio, you are allowed passage but strongly urged to "stay in your cabin". BTW, it says nothing of all the Ontairo plates I see at Winnipeg health facilities but that is another matter altogether.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jim Eh. said:

Timbo ...

Current State of Emergency and Public Health Orders

The Manitoba government declared a province-wide state of emergency under The Emergency Measures Act on March 20, 2020, to protect the health and safety of all Manitobans and reduce the spread of COVID-19. This order was extended on April 20th and May 17th, 2020.

The chief provincial public health officer issued new public health orders on April 30, 2020. The new orders will extend the mandate that anyone entering Manitoba, regardless of whether it was from another country or another province must self-isolate for 14 days until such time as the orders are terminated by the chief provincial public health officer.

Not trying to tell you what to do but if you run across some eager beaver of an RCMP, they will probably cite you and especially if there is a group travelling together. Racing is expensive enough without a 480.00$ ticket to pay.

There is no 50 K limit as far as I know but rather if you have a cabin in NW Ontairio, you are allowed passage but strongly urged to "stay in your cabin". BTW, it says nothing of all the Ontairo plates I see at Winnipeg health facilities but that is another matter altogether.

Thanks Jim, what I have is hearsay so I would be inclined to go by this folks. Maybe it is property owners not sure. The Ontario plates at the hospitals I am going to assume are NW Ontario folks that come West for a major hospital vs GTA. Hell I know I would make that choice. 

There was no issue crossing into MB or back to ON a couple weekends ago while I went to buy a truck. No 14 day isolation. If you all want to come into Kenora, by all means you're allowed. People from all over are EVERYWHERE. Come share the sun friends :)

Edited by Spencer Green

So as not to interfere with autox's debut, let's shoot for Sunday, June 7th instead.

Per Tim's message, a ride into Kenora would be nice, sure. Though I don't think we'd be taking the #1 to get there.

As per Jim's message, a convoy of cars from MB might draw unwanted attention. Not sure what sort of enforcement is out there in the back cottage country roads that we would likely take.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

So as not to interfere with autox's debut, let's shoot for Sunday, June 7th instead.

Per Tim's message, a ride into Kenora would be nice, sure. Though I don't think we'd be taking the #1 to get there.

As per Jim's message, a convoy of cars from MB might draw unwanted attention. Not sure what sort of enforcement is out there in the back cottage country roads that we would likely take.

I'm trying to say there isn't any. I live in Kenora

8 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

We will be there with the white Jeep SRT for her last Spring drive. Might be a different color next year. :D

So I figure this Sunday June 7th, we'll do a Pete Special and do a rip over to West Hawk Lake via #44. That's always a fun one. We can stop for a late lunch at the Nite Hawk. Depending on time, either head back via #1, or do the #44 in reverse. Not sure I can commit to heading all the way to Kenora and back... Have to come home to the kids. But you're all welcome to continue on of course.

Who's in?

-Kosta

-Tim

-Spencer

Edited by Brian_Earl_Spilner

12 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

So I figure this Sunday June 7th, we'll do a Pete Special and do a rip over to West Hawk Lake via #44. That's always a fun one. We can stop for a late lunch at the Nite Hawk. Depending on time, either head back via #1, or do the #44 in reverse. Not sure I can commit to heading all the way to Kenora and back... Have to come home to the kids. But you're all welcome to continue on of course.

Who's in?

-Kosta

-Tim

-Spencer

Tim and Ang..

May want to setup a reso with the Night Hawk on the patio. 

Of note, when I took the Jeep with the another local car club I was the only one that went to Ingolf and back (if its within range) and still beat the last 5 cars to the Night Hawk (from that picnic spot with the rock). Can we please do the Ingolf run again? Might be my last chance in the white Jeep with the Yoks! Please, pretty please....I am on my knees here.. lol 

14 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Haha a Pete Special... Whenever Pete leads these spring/fall drives, he usually takes us on this route because it's fantastic.

Tim, Ingolf is in ON... I don't really remember how to get there myself. If you want to lead the way after West Hawk, go for it.

Frank, the Ingolf turn off is 312 just after Caddy Lake. 

17 hours ago, Jim Eh. said:

If these load for you, this is a 4.5 hour Whiteshell cruise that runs thru Birds Hill Park and the entire Whiteshell Park. Note, the section of 301 to Falcon Lake is by far the best part, short, but still the best.

https://goo.gl/maps/UmhXbaZD7bf6uhdj7

If the stars align, I would like to join in.

That looks like a fantastic route. Might as well do that one to change it up a bit. Tim, we can sneak into Ingolf.

Since we'll be hitting Lagimodiere right away, how about we meet up Sunday at 10:30am in the Kildonan Place parking lot. Hit the road around 11:00am.

Everybody welcome, of course. Tell your friends! The more the merrier.

Edited by Brian_Earl_Spilner

22 minutes ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

Since we'll be hitting Lagimodiere right away, how about we meet up Sunday at 10:30am in the Kildonan Place parking lot. Hit the road around 11:00am.

Everybody welcome, of course. Tell your friends! The more the merrier.

Where abouts in the KP parking lot?

18 hours ago, Brian_Earl_Spilner said:

That looks like a fantastic route. Might as well do that one to change it up a bit. Tim, we can sneak into Ingolf.

Yay!! Been too long since I drove that road. However, there is not much 'sneaking' in the Jeep. :D 

Are we eating at the Night Hawk Cafe or should we pack a lunch? 

13 hours ago, Spencer Green said:

When are you expecting to be in west hawk?

I wouldn't necessarily say there's a set time that we make it to West Hawk... Probably a couple of hours after we set off. But West Hawk is pretty much the end of the line though. It's a straight shot back to Wpg on the #1 after that. Unless people decide to drive the back roads some more. I myself will have to head home at that point.