2020 Season

I guess it's time to discuss the massive elephant in the room. I would assume by all of the cancelations of events world wide that the season will be postponed at the minimum. I would assume this applies to the HPDE also. Can someone please confirm.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

• 1 month later...

As it stands right now, we are not allowed to do any racing activities....as a matter of fact, GMP is actually locked down right now. We are hoping that Phase II brings some relieve of the rules, and we can start having some cars on the track again. Whether that means that instructors can sit beside students in the same car remains to be seen....

Realistically, there is probably no HPDE until sometime in fall...

• Thanks 1

@ Matter:  I could see protocol topics such as:

1. Registration:
    1. online only
    2. have all paperwork submitted via email 2 days prior to the event
  2. Meetings (marshals, drivers, etc):
    1. take place outdoors
    2. maintaining social distancing
    3. use of megaphone / mic / amp / speaker
    4. handouts of track layout with basic rules du jour
  3. Ride - alongs: only house hold members
  4. Washroom sanitation: YES - LOTS (frequent sanitizing) and/or installation of hands free:
    1. hand sanitizers
    2. wash faucets
    3. paper towel dispensers (definitely NOT air blowing hand driers)
    4. toilets & urinal flushing
  5. Instruction, drivers and instructors in contact via cell phones (doubtful of efficacy):
    1. all drivers have hands free earpiece / microphone with cell phone
    2. instructors in a location where the entire track is visible or following in a chase vehicle
  6. marshals enforce social distancing measures

I'm sure there are more.

Peace, David

• Thanks 1

Thanks @David Klassen, I'm hoping we can at least get a smaller event in that manner.  Identify what doesn't work, attempt to rectify.

Some possible restrictions:

• No out of province visitors  :(
  • no drivers without a race licence
  • social aspect:   Gatherings of more than 10 people is still not permitted.   https://manitoba.ca/covid19/soe.html   But maybe more from June?

So perhaps we can plan what is possible when that restriction is lifted and do so in a safe manner.

Edited by Matter

We were part of a motocross practice at Grunthal over the weekend. 

70 participants, no spectators, minors with parents. All pit stall clearly marked for distance. All forms done on line and fees paid online. 

All were cautioned to practice social distancing. Those who did not comply, would be asked to leave. 

They were also told that the possibility existed of a visit to confirm the rules were being followed. I cannot say wether or not that happened. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, Matter said:

Thanks @David Klassen, I'm hoping we can at least get a smaller event in that manner.  Identify what doesn't work, attempt to rectify.

Some possible restrictions:

• No out of province visitors  :(
  • no drivers without a race licence
  • social aspect:   Gatherings of more than 10 people is still not permitted.   https://manitoba.ca/covid19/soe.html   But maybe more from June?

So perhaps we can plan what is possible when that restriction is lifted and do so in a safe manner.

On 5/20/2020 at 12:51 PM, David Klassen said:

Manitoba increases gathering limits to 25 inside or 50 outside starting Friday, May 22, 2020

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-covid-19-update-1.5577047?cmp=rss

I don't think banning the out of province drivers is fair at all. We have super low Co-vid situation here in Saskatchewan. If you do this why would I join the WSCC for this season? Just to be a member? I could see keeping the US guys and Ontario out as they have issues. 

We would not ban anyone because of their home location. It has nothing to do with who is from where. We welcome all comers, the more definitely the merrier.

It is ...

#1.) The Federal and Provincial government rules/guidelines that we are bound to abide by

#2.) The local municipality that actually owns the land controls our entry to the facility. We are not even allow on site to do any maintenance yet.

All of our scheduled race meets are being planned tentatively for now, according to legislation and state of emergency powers the government has enacted.

• Like 4

Actually the rule is "anyone coming into the province from any location outside the province must self isolate for 14 days". Exemptions are commercial traffic and cottagers who own or lease property outside the province. 

Funny, BC , Alberta and Saskatchewan only require self isolation for international travel, not out of province. You guys sure? Just had a friend move to BC and started working right away, no isolation needed.

KMiller Particularly this section ...

The chief provincial public health officer issued new public health orders on April 30, 2020. The new orders will extend the mandate that anyone entering Manitoba, regardless of whether it was from another country or another province must self-isolate for 14 days until such time as the orders are terminated by the chief provincial public health officer.

• Like 1

I guess I will have to seriously consider racing in Alberta then if things don't change. I have a friend on BCSCC board of directors has invited me out there to run as well as they are "hoping" to be going late July with lapping starting in a few weeks, as well possible events at Area 27. Lots of FC cars as they have added  3-4 more making possible grids close to 30. I really and truly hope things change for Gimli as its a long haul to the west to either track for me. It would really suck not to race back with you as I consider this to be my home track.  

The points have been address well and I won’t beat a dead horse, but I will say that when I go to work every single day, first thing I do is put on a face mask, sanitize my work area and fill out a 5 question Covid-19 Status Reporting form, question #1 asks “if I or someone in my household in the last 14 days has been in contact with someone who has travelled outside Manitoba”.

its just how it is right now - nothing more, nothing less.

Keith - you’re always welcome here, you always have been.

There are some embarrassing posts in this thread. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We are limited to gatherings of 50 and that will not permit us to hold a competition event. Please stop speculating who will and will not be permitted to attend.

I’m looking forward to our first competition event of 2020 having no provincial travel restrictions. 

8 hours ago, KMiller said:

Is there hope or word that the Manitoba government "might be lightening" up out of province travel Mat? 

Phase 3 is, I believe, targeted for July 1. There is no mention of relaxing the out of province quarantine within phase 3.

5 hours ago, Nhil said:

Phase 3 is, I believe, targeted for July 1. There is no mention of relaxing the out of province quarantine within phase 3.

Just to be clear, not trying to piss off anyone or push the issue, only trying to get people thinking on how we can SAFELY get things rolling, that's it, plain and simple. I also understand the governments roll in all this. I am not a doctor so I have no patients. (patience). And racing is an essential service, other wise might just come unglued sitting here doing nothing. LOL  And yes I sent my membership in to you guys last night.   

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Phase 3, June 21, 2020:

Anyone entering Manitoba from designated western Canadian jurisdictions (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut territories) or Northwestern Ontario (defined as west of Terrace Bay) is not required to self-isolate for 14 days if they are asymptomatic and have no known exposure to COVID-19.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/restoring/phase-three.html

Edited by Gary_T
  • Like 1