Link to gimli assetto corsa download

Ianfromduff

On 4/3/2020 at 8:48 PM, PeteL said:

I currently run the console version of asetto and not sure if would go as far as set up for the PC version. The idea of running at Gimli is appealing but I like the fact that there are so many amazing other tracks to explore that I would otherwise never race in real life. Maybe pick a different track every two weeks (gives a chance for people to learn the track).

Also, would my console steering wheel be compatible with a PC?

If this league gets going, it could be a great way to deal with a postponed season and this dreaded isolation.

Thanks for trying to get this off the ground.

Your console steering wheel should work on the PC if it uses a USB connection. Also, I've setup a dedicated server for assetto. Can you let me know if you can see it from your online list from the console?

Server: WSCC_AC_Practice
Password: wscc

31 minutes ago, grail said:

Your console steering wheel should work on the PC if it uses a USB connection. Also, I've setup a dedicated server for assetto. Can you let me know if you can see it from your online list from the console?

I have seen it, I checked for it 1hr ago

Just signed onto the server to check it out, here's a video on how to access it if anyone had questions. All under the "Drive" section on the left, press "online" at the top, search "Wscc" in the search bar, enter password "wscc" just under the map picture, select car, press "join".

7 minutes ago, GamezGarage said:

Have you found out best set-up settings for the car? Like tire pressure, what type. Gearing. ETC.. I also can't lock up the brakes. There is no abs on but the brake bias is off. Any idea?

I'm all stock for now, the tire pressure seems ballpark.

I adjust the brake bias though thorough the session. Start with the stock BB (which is 72% it seems) when the tires are cold, that'll give you confidence and stability while the tires warm up, move 2% to the rear once they're warm, to help with trail braking and turning in the car, and move back to the front as the rear tires wear.

Or just go get another set of tires once the rears start to go.

4 hours ago, grail said:

We should really consider IRacing over Assetto Corsa. AC's driving mech is no where near as advanced as Iracing. I race both and AC is just cancer when comparing the two. Also, I think having a discord server would be very good so that we can have real time convos and if needed questions answered. I can help with the server no problem as I have my own right now. I also have oodles amount of time to iron out or help with that stuff. Would love to chat about what game to use.

4 minutes ago, Jean-Sebastien Stoezel said:

I'm all stock for now, the tire pressure seems ballpark.

I adjust the brake bias though thorough the session. Start with the stock BB (which is 72% it seems) when the tires are cold, that'll give you confidence and stability while the tires warm up, move 2% to the rear once they're warm, to help with trail braking and turning in the car, and move back to the front as the rear tires wear.

Or just go get another set of tires once the rears start to go.

Okay, thank you. I'm not as use to the way these settings are set up. Iracing is where I go more. Also, I seen the message in game about voice chat in discord. I haven't seen like yet but is there one somewhere? FOUND IT

Edited by GamezGarage

3 minutes ago, GamezGarage said:

Okay, thank you. I'm not as use to the way these settings are set up. Iracing is where I go more. Also, I seen the message in game about voice chat in discord. I haven't seen like yet but is there one somewhere?

The BB sequence is a pretty common thing, real life racing or sim racing.

I installed Asseto Corsa a couple of nights ago, I had only been on iRacing and rFactor up until now. AC has a better tire model and force feedback in my opinion than iRacing. The issue with iRacing is the cost, and also that some people are console only.

I've got Discord voice enabled for the WSCC group.

Edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel
  • Like 1

So there’s been people coming in and out of the Assetto Corsa server Peter setup, its been working great, but everybody has been on PCs. From what Spencer and Peter are saying it’s impossible to have both PCs and gaming consoles in the same server on Assetto Corsa.

It kind of sucks as the idea was to use Assetto Corsa as a platform to get more people together.

Edited by Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

7 hours ago, grail said:

I just looked for it on the server and it wasn’t there. Sunday 7:30 PM. 

23 minutes ago, grail said:

Ok, sounds like it'll only work for PC gamers then, which is unfortunate.

Ok thanks for trying. I just dug up an old PC and I’ll try to get it up and running with my wheel. Would this system work for AC?

Running Windows 10  Home. version 1703

Intel R   core TM   i7 CPU.   860 @2.80 GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

64 bit operating system

8 minutes ago, PeteL said:

Ok thanks for trying. I just dug up an old PC and I’ll try to get it up and running with my wheel. Would this system work for AC?

Running Windows 10  Home. version 1703

Intel R   core TM   i7 CPU.   860 @2.80 GHz

RAM 8.00 GB

64 bit operating system

Specs look good. Do you know what type of video card you have?

1 hour ago, grail said:

Specs look good. Do you know what type of video card you have?

Nvidia GeForce gt 320. Version 342.01

I'm hoping to use a 4K monitor. Probably not gonna work right.

Edited by PeteL

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2020 at 8:18 PM, Ianfromduff said:

Hey all,

I finally figured out how to make this public instead of sending it out 1 by 1.

Track is made by me but I'm deffinately no designer or computer guy so if your able to make changes to make it better please do so and share it back.

Fyi I never put computer ai racers into it so you will only be able to race with yourself or other real people

This is the download link 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aYE5BIx8q4hGxvgWq0O66c-KwdNgViMV/view?usp=drivesdk

Love Ian

Hi Ian,

I know I'm really late to this party but do you still have this track available for download? The link doesn't work anymore. Just started getting used to assetto corsa and also ordered a wheel + pedals. 

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 3:44 PM, BradlyW said:

How are you guys able to download this? When I download it, it opens up with notepad?? How do I install it into content Manger?

On 12/28/2023 at 8:11 PM, BradlyW said:

I think you can just drag it right into content manager

Yep, you can install the track by just doing a drag and drop into content manager. Let me know if it doesn't work. I do have an updated version of the track. I haven't worked on it in ages.