Have you ever thought about being a Volunteer?

Rare Snake

If you are reading this, you are into motorsports. At least a little bit. Welcome, you are in the right place!

Maybe you have been out to a race event at some point, even just to hang back and watch the action. In the summer, hearing the screaming engines and squealing tires, or maybe kicking up a cloud of dust. In the winter, watching the cars get sideways, fighting for traction, and throwing up massive rooster tails of snow.  You have to wonder, how do people actually get into this adrenaline rush? Maybe you have a car, and maybe you are the next great racer waiting to get started. You can get through all of the proper channels and hop right into full out competition.  Maybe you are already a racer, but you broke a part and you are done for the weekend, or you just want to take some time off from racing. But maybe, you just want to get a closer look at the action, and you don’t know where to start. We can help you with that too.

We are officially one race weekend into the 2020 season. With the second Ice Racing weekend coming up soon, February 1st and 2nd at the Lake Shirley Ski Pond, to be exact. There are a couple of things that are always guaranteed. There will be action. There will be cars flying around a challenging track. There will be volunteers needed, and this is a major part of what keeps our club running smoothly at every event. So here is your chance to be part of our team.

As a Volunteer Track Worker for the WSCC, the only major ask is that you are at least 16 years of age, and that you are willing to help out in any way needed, on any days that work best for you to join us. This is a very unique opportunity to learn about how things work behind the scenes. There are lots of important skills to pick up, and you will receive “on the spot” training for any of the tasks involved. You could be stationed on a corner of the track, learning the radio or communicating flags to the drivers. You could be working the Gate, smiling and welcoming our traffic and spectators and signing some waivers. You could be on the Grid, helping get everybody set up where they are supposed to be, based on their race group. Last but not least, this is the closest you can get to the track, without being the actual race driver. And it is absolutely free.

If that doesn’t sound interesting enough, let me mention some of the perks of being a Volunteer. If you are helping us out, we will cover your lunch for the day. There are opportunities for some free time on the track in your own car, usually at the end of a race event. You could even get enough time built up that you could have your club membership paid for the next year. And you will get to meet many awesome, experienced, helpful people and race drivers as well. This is a very positive environment, and as a Volunteer, you are offered the best seats in the house for the action on the track, nobody is closer to the action than we are.

If you would like to help us out, please send me your info, and I will get you started. Consider me your guy, I will help you any way I can!

See you at the track!

Dason Wowk

Volunteer Director

204-291-7728

justaviperguy@gmail.com

• Like 7