WSCC OpenTrackDay #3 + TnT, July 17, 2020

Mat

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Matter said:

Do you need volunteers ahead of the open track weekend?

Hey Matt

No volunteers needed at this time.

We are keeping a strict limit to allow for more participants!

There are literally people all over the place in every province. People coming into Kenora and going to cabins and into town. Then go back to MB and work. Vice Versa, No isolation, No social distancing. Why would the decision be made to restrict the Open Track day, When all this other stuff is going on. Why complicate things further

14 minutes ago, Spencer Green said:

There are literally people all over the place in every province. People coming into Kenora and going to cabins and into town. Then go back to MB and work. Vice Versa, No isolation, No social distancing. Why would the decision be made to restrict the Open Track day, When all this other stuff is going on. Why complicate things further

Just because some individuals are violating the public health order does not mean the WSCC will follow suit.

The club will not put itself at risk of fines, penalties and bad publicity by violating the public health order. We want to spend that money in improving our facility, not paying fines.

Until the public health order is lifted, this is the situation we find ourselves in and we will continue to structure our events in accordance with the provincial government's requirements.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Does this help my case.  "The bookings allow for people from the district, as well as visitors from Manitoba." I was also on the phone with "Gimli" and they have no opposition for Ontario residents. Being outside at the track is already social distancing and self isolating. I know I'm probably annoying people with this, But. I know what is going on out there with travel, what health professionals are saying etc. And to restrict certain people from going when NO one else is, is wrong. IMO.  The boarders aren't closed, they aren't turning people from out of province away for any reason, They don't tell anyone they are NOT allowed. https://www.kenoraonline.com/local/rickford-announces-more-reopenings?fbclid=IwAR1YAGHu-bWg669PUKQCJLGWdTqz6ZkuB3rvcJOgIm-6xskAKzg7sw9BvLI

Edited by Spencer Green

3 hours ago, Spencer Green said:

Does this help my case.  "The bookings allow for people from the district, as well as visitors from Manitoba." I was also on the phone with "Gimli" and they have no opposition for Ontario residents. Being outside at the track is already social distancing and self isolating. I know I'm probably annoying people with this, But. I know what is going on out there with travel, what health professionals are saying etc. And to restrict certain people from going when NO one else is, is wrong. IMO.  The boarders aren't closed, they aren't turning people from out of province away for any reason, They don't tell anyone they are NOT allowed. https://www.kenoraonline.com/local/rickford-announces-more-reopenings?fbclid=IwAR1YAGHu-bWg669PUKQCJLGWdTqz6ZkuB3rvcJOgIm-6xskAKzg7sw9BvLI

You don't have a case. End of story.

You aren't even a club member based on your MSR history. Why do you think you have any say in how the club operates when you haven't even supported the WSCC with a membership?

I encourage you to look up the definition of self isolation - here's a link to get you started

• Like 1

Why would I support an organization that is limiting people into the event? That was my entire plan this year, do the schooling, and be at every event streaming it from inside my car. I had every intention to pay thousands of dollars toward your org. I held off due to everything going on, why waste my money on something that will turn me away. Of course I didn't renew it this year. (YET) Good thing I didn't. Once it's over guess things might be different.

Edited by Spencer Green

popcorn%5B1%5D.gif

Spencer, were you "planning on spending thousands of dollars" in donations ... or advertising?

You could donate "thousands of dollars" to repave a corner and have it named after you.

Not really too sure if they offer any advertising plans that run "thousands of dollars" but I am sure someone could come up with some kind of offering. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WTE said:

popcorn%5B1%5D.gif

Spencer, were you "planning on spending thousands of dollars" in donations ... or advertising?

You could donate "thousands of dollars" to repave a corner and have it named after you.

Not really too sure if they offer any advertising plans that run "thousands of dollars" but I am sure someone could come up with some kind of offering. 

.............. I don't think you understand what was being said. I'm a content creator, I had built my car last year for this years season. I also hook up a power inverter, computer, internet, and a monitor inside the car so I can stream on Twitch. The money being spent would of been to the Club for participating in the events.

Edited by Spencer Green

I think every one of us is ready for things to go back to normal. While we are bound to follow the Provincial guidelines as an Organization and tenant at GMP let’s just ELE.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spencer Green said:

.............. I don't think you understand what was being said. I'm a content creator, I had built my car last year for this years season. I also hook up a power inverter, computer, internet, and a monitor inside the car so I can stream on Twitch. The money being spent would of been to the Club for participating in the events.

I know what you meant Spencer. 

I appreciate that not everyone is following Provincial recommendations and it’s frustrating to be excluded from an event - especially the first event at GMP for the season. 

I’m going to simply ask that you bear with us. We are doing the best we can to be responsible, to honour our commitments to stakeholders, and operate within the parameters set by facility management, Provincial authorities, and our own best judgement. 

We understand it’s not possible to please everyone in the circumstances, and that some people will be more directly impacted than others. Unfortunately, that is largely unavoidable. We only hope that you trust we are managing the situation as best we can and hope that once the situation improves and some (if not all) of the restrictions are lifted, that you will join us for future events at GMP.

if you have any specific concerns you would like to share, feel free to contact me directly at president@wscc.mb.ca.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know everybody is fired up to get out on the track again. Heck, I'm only 99% hooked and I would love to rip a few laps too. All I can think of these days is being with my track friends again, and enjoying the craziness. It seems like only 4 months ago, I was waving that checkered flag on a frozen lake, feeling my hands go numb from the cold.  But I have to say....

I know some people don't really believe in the craziness of our current situation. And in all honesty, I question parts of it too. But I have a sick wife at home,who, along with her entire family (myself included), are absolutely terrified of what could happen to her. I am pretty crushed that I may not be able to attend our first (huge) event of the year, but I may have to stay home... just to be safe.

So genuinely guys, please let us take this seriously. I want to be there for you racers,  for your safety as always! Just this once, I ask that you can see this COVID shitshow through my eyes, I need to make sure I am safe too. I am beyond happy that we are ready to drop that green flag again, but I want to make damned good and sure that EVERYBODY is safe and has a good time. 

Dason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rare Snake, I too am torn, I’ve spent (and will spend more) of my retirement money getting into this sport.

My wife has lately gone through aggressive cancer & chemo, ending up with pulmonary embolisms, putting her into an even more vulnerable position along with her (and my) advanced age.

I want to enjoy my wife, my life, and my sport (which she also supports).

I chafe to get out at the track and I appreciate all the consideration and care that the members and leadership of the WSCC are taking to thread through this minefield, Thank-you!

peace, David

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 9:29 PM, Spencer Green said:

Good news Spencer. As of June 21st, the Province has lifted restrictions on visitors from Northwestern Ontario. That means you'll be able to join us for our July weekend without any issues.

Hope to see you there!

You better bet I'll be there! Been itchy since winter. I am about half way done my second race car for the dirt track here in town. But I don't see myself missing this event. What is date, is that known yet?

1 hour ago, funkejay said:

Good news Spencer. As of June 21st, the Province has lifted restrictions on visitors from Northwestern Ontario. That means you'll be able to join us for our July weekend without any issues.

Hope to see you there!

On 6/23/2020 at 3:20 PM, funkejay said:

Hope to see you there!

Is the July event going to just be a one day hot lap for people without license? Or will it be more like the 1st event and have more then one day for hot lap/open track. And is it scheduled the same date? ( July 17th being hot laps with TA and RR the following days)

8 minutes ago, Spencer Green said:

Is the July event going to just be a one day hot lap for people without license? Or will it be more like the 1st event and have more then one day for hot lap/open track. And is it scheduled the same date? ( July 17th being hot laps with TA and RR the following days)

All good questions Spencer. We’re still in the planning phase and no hard and fast decisions have been made. Keep an eye out on the forums and follow us on social media for an official announcement in the next week or two. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...