Sign in to follow this  
68 Camaro

new track car

I am about to start down a new project and would like the experts to give me knowledge. I have a 1969 Camaro shell that I would like to make into a track day car but don't know what it would fall under for classification. I am planing on racing it on Gimli track as well as Brainerd's track. Extra parts i have from other toys i have made are a 12 bolt chevy diff, 4 link, 10 point roll cage, one ls6.0 engine, t56  transmission, 2016 corvette hubs and braking system, fiberglass front clip. just to keep it interesting i have attached the towing vehicle that will be bring the car out next year. 

Thanks for the help. 

unnamed.png

• Like 1

Wow. If that’s the tow vehicle then I can only imagine what the camaro will look like! 
When you say you are building a “track day” car that you want to race at Gimli you will need to be more specific on your expectations. Were you thinking door to door road racing? If so, with the camaro’s hp and modifications at Gimli you will likely be racing (and winning) a one car class....yours. 
If you plan on racing time attack there is a “classing” system that scores your lap times based on your specific vehicle and it’s respective modifications and there is a wide range of high horsepower cars currently competing in that discipline. The good people involved in Time Attack could likely  provide more clarification on this if you repost your question under their forum with more details regarding your car. 
Looking forward to seeing your car and that tow vehicle in Gimli next year! Cheers.