2019 Event #5

Thanks to Andy for his help this weekend - and the brisket at lunch.

I tethered my phone to the scoring laptop this weekend to see what internet access would be like - all sessions are now on mylaps

and the Championship points have been calculated and posted to https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Organizations/82738/Championships

As always all comments and concerns will be addressed ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it was cool to see you with the phone tethered. I got an email at Lunch on Saturday saying that Speedhive was updated and I thought it was an error and when I fired it up, I had all the results from Practice, Qual. That was sweet. 

I believe the Championship was also updated by Sunday around 4ish with full data. Pretty hi-tech guys! 

Good work. 

It was just a trial run to confirm internet access would be useful. I was also publishing the races live on Race Monitor on their website. Didn't tell anyone because that would just attract my friend Murphy for a visit.:)

We hope to have a rural internet supplier put in an access point next year at GMP. We have plans to widen our footprint with a MESH network.

We will listen to any ideas to use tech to improve everybody's experience at the track.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, wscc_1254 said:

It was just a trial run to confirm internet access would be useful. I was also publishing the races live on Race Monitor on their website. Didn't tell anyone because that would just attract my friend Murphy for a visit.:)

I thought that was pretty darn cool. Good work.