2019 AX Event #11 discussion

helix

No video because I'm an idiot and got my camera all prepped just to leave it on the couch this morning.

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed todays course. It didn't drive like it walked, and the fast pinches over the painted Xs were a blast. 

Whoever's idea it was to have a car club be featured at an event should also be congratulated, seems like a great way for newcomers to experience the sport within the comfort of your usual friend group.

Edited by Run Away
i don't write good
  • Like 4

Agreed, it was fun to see the 204 Gaijin group out!  The group I spoke with seemed to have fun, good people too!  

Here's my fastest clean:

And my fastest dirty (still not fast enough to catch Allan or the faster Corey)

• Like 4

Best run of the day. Course was quite fast, lots of time in 3rd gear.

Amongst other things I was experimenting with how I launched the car. On the graph below I have the longitudinal accelerations up top (Bold for the slower run, non-bold for my videoed run) and a time delta graph below. by launching "poorly" the one time I ended up being about 0.27s behind before I even shifted to 2nd gear. Big stuff and its interesting to see just how much time can be lost with such a simple mistake.  

launch analysis.PNG

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, helix said:

206, do you have another camera view? would be great to those runs in third person perspective. 

For now I'm just running my dashcam for simplicity's sake. Maybe next year I'll grab one of those suction cup mounts.

I see double cone with a pointer could be quite exciting, possibly tipping off 2 cones from hitting just one. Looks as if you have earlier on throttle for the fastest clean then the fastest dirty, slalom of the dirty do have a higher cornering speed.