Sign in to follow this  
Al Marcoux

Update on Don.

Hi everyone. This is an email from Cheryl, Don's wife, with an update on his condition as of this morning. 

Nothing to new to report. Don is on surgical standby for ankles which means everyday they assess if Don is ready for surgery. 

This might go on for a few days before surgery actually occurs.  Back brace will be put on today if pain can be tolerated.  Once brace is on Don will hopefully be able to sit up a bit. 
Blood work is good, which means his body is doing the right things to heal.  Everyone says Don will recover but it will be a long tough road. Likely once he is stable, Don will be transferred to Calgary  rehab hospital (we hope) or possibly Vancouver. No idea on timeline yet.
Thanks Cheryl

Ps thank you, thank you to everyone for cards and cash.  Don was overwhelmed.  Don is calling the car club his support team.
I hadn't stopped to think what his rescue was like, til I met Jeff. Thanks isn't enough but thanks to all who were involved.
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Hi All,

Just a note to thank everyone who has been thinking about me! The last surgery has been completed, back brace is on, I have casts on both legs and one arm, so now I am on the long slow road to recovery. I expect to make a full recovery over the next year.

l expect to be a patient at HSC in Winnippeg for the next few weeks while I recover and rehabilitate. Then I will be sent back West for more recovery. As of today there is no exact plan for when I will be leaving HSC. In the meantime people have been asking if they can visit me. The best way to set up a time to visit is to text my wife Cheryl at 204.960.3601 ahead of time to check availability, and plan on keeping visits short. The Docs in this hospital are taking a lot of my time with tests etc but I would be happy to share some of my spare time with you.

A lot of people have been asking me when I will be racing next. I am not sure what the answer is. I will need to take a break from racing, and I am not sure how long I will be away.

Thanks

-Don

• Like 13

Wishing you a speedy recovery Don. We hope to see you back at Gimli on or off the track. All the best, 

Kim and George 

Get well soon, see you back at the track when you are able. HSC rehab staff did really good by me.

Get well soon Don from everyone in our Pit. The staff at HSC are top notch and unfortunatly I know that. Let me know when you get sick of the food and I'll bring you Whopper Cheese combo... Or two.