Sign in to follow this  
Corey

July 21 autocross

3 hours ago, helix said:

Last time we have 5 consecutive runs on event #7, personally I think trying new things on a Saturday is easier and given we have a slightly smaller group tomorrow, let's try the 6 runs tomorrow at event #8 and possibly in event #9 as well, then get people feedback before making any extended event schedule official. If we were to adopt the 6 runs format above and keeping score for the first set of 3 runs, we can definitely stress the importance of course walk to all attendees.

Assuming we felt 6 runs on a Sunday is too much, what about we do 6 runs format for all Saturday's events, and 5 runs for Sunday? That way we can limit the long day schedule only on a Saturday, attract co-drive, and stress importance of course walk, and lunch break bench race at the same time; while keeping Sunday ends earlier, and give everyone an advantage of the 2 extra runs that count towards championship?

For events #9 and #10 this weekend, the "Number of Runs" listed on MSR says "Each driver will get 5 runs to count for championship points."

So maybe in fairness to those who have already signed up and paid we should not make any last minute changes this weekend?  Just my thoughts.

Turnout looks pretty decent for both days and the weather also looks good.  Should be fun.

17 minutes ago, Weebly said:

For events #9 and #10 this weekend, the "Number of Runs" listed on MSR says "Each driver will get 5 runs to count for championship points."

So maybe in fairness to those who have already signed up and paid we should not make any last minute changes this weekend?  Just my thoughts.

Turnout looks pretty decent for both days and the weather also looks good.  Should be fun.

I agree and I personally would vote for the 5 runs format since it waste no time for hot swapping. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to attendees reaction of having a bit longer day in exchange for an extra run, up the challenge/excitement, and better suit those that are co-driving.

No changes for this weekend, that's not what people signed up for.  Or didn't sign up for.   

5 runs, as advertised.  

sounds good, keeping the 5 runs format for this weekend events.