Run Away

Honda D series block + heads

I have a hoarding problem and have spent this entire weekend sorting my junk.

Going to scrap a D16Z6 bottom end and a pair of non-vtec heads if nobody here wants them. One head is from a D15B2, the other I think is a D16A6 head but might be a D15B7 head. Also have a pair of intake manifolds. The bottom end was pulled when the water pump let go, ran but used a lot of oil. It has no oil pan. D15B2 head may have bent valves, I never ran the A6(b7?) head.

Also have a 1995 Civic coupe I will likely be scrapping in a little bit if anyone is interested in parts or whole. D16A6 bottom end with D16Z6 head with a P28 computer, Si transmission with an OBX helical LSD.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I hope you're not thinking of scrapping a perfectly good Civic shell... rust? damage?

Edited by frs_jeremy
  • Haha 1

He's right. I've driven past there! Didn't know there had any auto wreckers in E. St. Paul ... ;)

• Haha 1

Ha funny, and ironic. Here is Jeremy’s shell after I stripped it of all the good bits and made the suspension/drivetrain jigs , before it was ‘recycled’. DF6F54BF-48DB-451F-929F-259A1835131B.thumb.jpeg.19f1569ecec15a4469edf6fdf4e08e5c.jpeg

:focus:

I think there should be some interest in the engine bits after GMP lapping this past weekend :blink:

8 minutes ago, cboettch said:

:focus:

I think there should be some interest in the engine bits after GMP lapping this past weekend :blink:

Sent links immediately to the drivers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Civic is quite rusty in the quarters, doors, and front fenders. Floors were solid last I drove it, but it's been sitting for a few years.

Pic from this spring:

Y7joj5uh.jpg

Pictures from 2 years ago

vN57AAYh.jpg

zayTqQIh.jpg

wvYMoCRh.jpg

RCp9b0Ah.jpg

3iB4kM2h.jpg?1

It has heated 4th gen Prelude front seats and a Si cluster (odo matches chassis). Hasport billet auto->manual trans mount as this was originally an automatic car. I've removed the optional audio console. I've owned it a bit over 10 years now. I went through the trans with new bearings from Synchrotech, probably less than 20k ago? I'd have to check my receipts and photos. A/C had enough of a charge to engage the compressor last time I tried it.

Here's the last time I ran it. It had been sitting about a year untouched at that point. Pretty sure it'll start right up if I tried again.

It's a parts car/ice racer candidate. I'd like to get $500 for it.

Edited by Run Away

Here's the block and heads. Free to anyone that can use them, otherwise I'm going to turn them into scrap money.

D15B2 head

jvZJ6GEh.jpg

D16Z6 bottom end. Turns over smoothly, no rust in the bores

BsgDc6fh.jpg

D9TE0aNh.jpg

D16A6 or D15B7 head

4JJT7Oth.jpg

Heads are complete under the valve cover, one has head bolts in it. These are the leftovers from the engine in the above civic

It's a parts car/ice racer candidate. I'd like to get $500 for it.

Are the fuel tank straps in good condition?  I can't tell from the photos.

• Haha 2

Hey there, where is the car located? I'm very interested in having a look as my last 2 d16's have pooped out on me 2 weekends in a row :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frs_jeremy said:

Are the fuel tank straps in good condition?  I can't tell from the photos. 

Ratchet straps don't rust.....:p

6 hours ago, V-taktaktak said:

Hey there, where is the car located? I'm very interested in having a look as my last 2 d16's have pooped out on me 2 weekends in a row :D

I am in Winnipeg, near Bishop Grandin and St Annes road.

• Haha 1

Sold everything to Derrick @coach.

It was a fantastic car for the 10 years I had her, hopefully her parts will benefit many.

Farewell, old friend!

NzaU1grh.jpg

3SISONGh.jpg

5y2tt0mh.jpg

BWMsfkjh.jpg

lGuvzpfh.jpg