Sign in to follow this  
helix

2019 AX Event #3 discussion

Posted (edited)

Same purpose, started this thread for event #3, looking forward to see your video!

BTW, food vendor is a PASS? Trying to make a list of preferred vendor here...

Edited by helix

Good event ... well attended, interesting course layout, and some close competition.  And the weather? We had drizzle,  cool temps, sun, warm temps, and lots of wind.  Who could ask for more.

I'll give two-thumbs up for the vendor. Best burger I've had in awhile.

Changing subject - LOST COOLER BAG

Green Carlsberg cooler bag left near the trailer or maybe station #3.  If anyone picked it up, please respond to this topic or send my a PM and I'll arrange to pick it up.  There's a half-eaten apple in there that I haven't finished!

2 hours ago, Weebly said:

Good event ... well attended, interesting course layout, and some close competition.  And the weather? We had drizzle,  cool temps, sun, warm temps, and lots of wind.  Who could ask for more.

I'll give two-thumbs up for the vendor. Best burger I've had in awhile.

Changing subject - LOST COOLER BAG

Green Carlsberg cooler bag left near the trailer or maybe station #3.  If anyone picked it up, please respond to this topic or send my a PM and I'll arrange to pick it up.  There's a half-eaten apple in there that I haven't finished!

We found that yesterday by the trailer, it is now inside the trailer by the side door. Get in touch with Tim if you want the bag back before the next event. He is planning to tow the trailer out to Gimli soon.

• Thanks 1

Brian, your sandwich and apple were delicious, BTW. ;)

Here's my 2nd run, with no sound. Camera issues, sorry...

A data review showed the only major difference between this one and my fastest was the little slide around the 2nd wall delayed throttle application. 

And yes, it does look that frantic in the car.  LOL!  I never did drive the line in the North end that I was trying to. Funny considering I laid out that section! 

• Like 2

Not sure which sandwich Corey ate but we just out a rather nasty looking sandwich after picking up the trailer. 

@Weebly your bag is at the house, the trailer is not in Gimli yet...it went for some awning repairs first. Message me and we can setup a pickup or I will just put it back in the trailer when I do take it to Gimli. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Can't complain about the hot dog cart this weekend, thumbs up here.

I didn't drive the line I intended either Corey, but it sure was fun trying too!

My 4th run:

Joe's 3rd run. Not his best but it's the most entertaining, some serious fun going on.

Edited by Magner
  • Like 2

Man... I seriously need to come out to an event sooner than later. Especially now that my car is on the road again.

• Like 1

I had a smokie dog and it was terrible. The bun was dry and the smokie was either overcooked or just poor quality. The course had some interesting elements and I liked it better than the event #2's course but not as much as event #1's course. Corey and I are going to be the fastest cars out there but even we didn't get up to very high speeds. My top speed was probably only 90 km/h.  Check out how close I get to a wall of cones in this video

I agree with @conebasher course #3 and #1 > #2.

Some very sub par runs, very worn tires from the Level 1 School and the car kept popping out of gear -_- 
Side note - Does anyone have 195-50-15, 185-55-15, ect. tires for sale?